Amazingly Bright LEDs from Clearwater Lights

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I really love these things, um, Paul?
SM,

Yeah, it's Paul.

I went ahead and pulled the trigger on the Kristas. If all goes well I'll try them during a ss1000 next weekend which will require night time lighting. I'm not concerned with the Kristas having "the best" downrange projection compared to say a high end HID. I just wanted to make sure they weren't just a close proximity flood light.

Like you said, it's not just high or off like a HID. You get hi, and a variety of lows. I like that we still get some benefit from the LEDs when a HID would be off.

I guess I'll be FJR guinea pig #3 then? I'll report back later.

-Paul

I have the Soltek Fuegos on my FJR, got them a few years ago. They are great, but......take a few seconds to come on to full power and do not dim. I have the Glendas and Kristas on my Vstrom and they are awesome. Just got them recently, had them installed at Clearwater Lights. Excellent job and beautifully crafted, cnc machined housings. Quality is unsurpassed. Here is a pic of them on my Vstrom.

_MG_4720.jpg

_MG_4721.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
I've got my Kristas installed now. The quality of the lights and components is fantastic. I ordered Alex's brackets to mount these up. The brackets worked with these lights, but having a set that was not predrilled for the light mount would have made installation easier. To get the Kristas where I wanted them with plenty of clearance I had to drill some different mounting holes.

Unfortunately I haven't done a thorough night ride with them, just a quick jaunt. So far they seem to light up the road well. I don't think they'll have the downrange punch of a high end HID, but they are bright, and b/c I can dim them I will be able to use them all the time. Hopefully I'll get a fitting night ride in soon and will have some better info then.

I like the black bezels on the set I received.

DSCN0135.jpg

Clearance was tight with the Clearwater light bracket. I may have to talk to Alex to see if his brackets will fit these lights.

DSCN0136.jpg

Not much to show at 11am, but they're on.

DSCN0146.jpg