Another long journey

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
This summer, three days after my 74th BD, I left on a 4000 mile, five week excursion on my 2006 FJR. It quickly turned into an eventual 6,066 mile trip when I realized that a 1000 mile “detour” would allow me to spend two days with my new granddaughter in New Orleans. 100% “worth it,” despite the 100+ degree temps and brutal humidity in MO, LA, AL. And I was camping!

Made it to Ottawa and Toronto, Canada and saw a lot of beautiful scenery (and beautiful friends) along the way. Motorcycle travel helps keep me young, so I intend to “keep on truckin’” for a while longer. The FJR, my second one, is getting to be a bit top-heavy, but it’s such a superb long-distance hauler I don’t want to give it up quite yet!
Congratulations "Grandpap". That little girl is going to have a grandad that has an adventurous soul and stories to tell her.

Keep it up you younger guys! I am 81 and ride about 3-400 miles a week in the Georgia NC,SC and Tennessee mountains all from the Atlanta area. Agree that I used to be able to ride more miles but my skinny butt just won't let me. Hope to keep riding for more years to come. Have had 3 FJR's in the past 10 years. Currently on a 2014 with 57,000 miles on it. Love these bikes!!
lol, i was thinking i was too old :)

Great to hear from young at heart FJR riders going strong. I too am in my mid-70's. (There is probably a lot more older riders out there than we think). I just got an FJR after many years on a Kawi Nomad and Goldwing. What a blast!
It's great to hear all the positive comments about the FJR's. .
Safe riding!

This summer, three days after my 74th BD, I left on a 4000 mile, five week excursion on my 2006 FJR. It quickly turned into an eventual 6,066 mile trip when I realized that a 1000 mile “detour” would allow me to spend two days with my new granddaughter in New Orleans. 100% “worth it,” despite the 100+ degree temps and brutal humidity in MO, LA, AL. And I was camping!

Made it to Ottawa and Toronto, Canada and saw a lot of beautiful scenery (and beautiful friends) along the way. Motorcycle travel helps keep me young, so I intend to “keep on truckin’” for a while longer. The FJR, my second one, is getting to be a bit top-heavy, but it’s such a superb long-distance hauler I don’t want to give it up quite yet!
Ditto on top heavy. These motorcycles will run forever. Wish I could!