Anybody Know Why?

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

XHD4FJR

Reaction score
Why is there a small heat shield only on right side exhaust in front of the muffler and not the left of my 2014 ES. Curious minds want to know?
umnik.gif

Maybe they figured with the side stand & centerstand on the left side, a heat shield wasn't necessary?

Earlier bikes didn't have the heat shield, but in '13 they added it.

Maybe the reason they did away with the 2nd horn to offset the cost?

I got a 2014 A after 73K happy miles on a 2005
punk.gif

I love it. I love the color. I love the amenities. I love it.

It's got some real head-scratchers:

1) I buy rear fender flap. Yamaha, Y U no give flap?

2) Cowl vents in for cooler or out? I dunno....

3) Nice guard on right side exhaust. Y U no put one on left?

4) Cute "See you next time" words on info-screen when you shut down. Y U no let me change words? ( of course my buddy immediately laughed at that and said: "It's an acronym: C U Next Time!" hahahaha!

5) "Park" ignition setting with bars locked and gee-whiz lights on. Is this for photo shoot?

6) Y U no make tail lights LED too?

I've wondered this also.

I added an aftermarket shield to the left side of my ES that I took off my 03'. I've always had more issues with the left side than the right when it comes to leaving boot marks on the exhaust of the FJR with my size 14 feet.

https://www.ebay.com/itm/Cobra-2-in-Dia-7-in-L-Heat-Shield-990165P-/181170505320

It would look nicer with the OEM shield on the left also, but the one above has worked great for over 12 years now and on the second bike.

Oh, and how the hell do I turn off the "ECO" notice on the speedo. I really, really hate that thing. I can turn it off on my truck....