Anyone for Russellville AR next week?

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Hammer Down Brown

Reaction score
Is anyone from here going to the Motorcycle Tourier's Forum Founders Feast in Russellville AR next week?

I'm leaving Harrisburg NC at 0-Dark-Thirty on Wednesday morning and spending the night in Sikeston MO in order to eat at Lambert's Cafe and get some throwed rolls.

If anyone is going that way and wants to ride together let me know. I like to run at IB speeds.
tango_face_wink.png

IB Speed is often referred to in the Iron Butt rider community. It normally means nine miles per hour over the speed limit and riding tank to tank. In most cased law enforcement doesn't care because they are out "frying the bigger fish".

I find that if I lock the FJR speedometer on eighty miles per hour, the GPS says seventy-eight and I can wave at LEO all day and keep on going.

IB Speed is often referred to in the Iron Butt rider community. It normally means nine miles per hour over the speed limit and riding tank to tank. In most cased law enforcement doesn't care because they are out "frying the bigger fish".
I find that if I lock the FJR speedometer on eighty miles per hour, the GPS says seventy-eight and I can wave at LEO all day and keep on going.
Ohio State Troopers don't follow this practice. Anything 5+ mph over the speed limit will earn you a performance award!

Thanks for the explanation...have a great trip!

That's how I typically ride, until I hit the back road curves, then I don't tend to look down at my speedometer.

Last edited by a moderator: