Are there any female FJR owners?

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Another female checking in....

My first bike was the '85 Yamaha Radian. That was a sweet ride. Rode it solo to the U.P. of Michigan back then. Best part was coming home in the rain, the rainsuit and the helmet kept me dry. Traded that in for the '87 Suzuki GS700E and gained a GS1150ES shortly thereafter. Both are long gone, but not forgotten. 2004 I found a '83 750 Nighthawk. It was tired and needed to be put down.

Last summer, I was 'borrowing' the hubby's '05 FJR when he wasn't riding it to work. This summer is time for the '06. I'm being told it's coming next month.

Now if only the snow would melt and stay away. The pain of Chicago weather!

In regards to the female/male bikes... The '06 is a male. The sales'man' asked if I was getting the AE and I just kinda looked at him funny.

Gotta have a clutch. That button just doesn't do it for me!

Hope to see some of you up at the CFO!!

Vicki

Another female checking in....My first bike was the '85 Yamaha Radian. That was a sweet ride. Rode it solo to the U.P. of Michigan back then. Best part was coming home in the rain, the rainsuit and the helmet kept me dry. Traded that in for the '87 Suzuki GS700E and gained a GS1150ES shortly thereafter. Both are long gone, but not forgotten. 2004 I found a '83 750 Nighthawk. It was tired and needed to be put down.

Last summer, I was 'borrowing' the hubby's '05 FJR when he wasn't riding it to work. This summer is time for the '06. I'm being told it's coming next month.

In regards to the female/male bikes... The '06 is a male. The sales'man' asked if I was getting the AE and I just kinda looked at him funny.

Vicki
Hi Vicky,

I have friends up in chicago, and lived in Oakpark for several years and I do remember how bad the roads are, the windy winters, and them hambergers from....white castle? Anyways, let us know when you get your 06, will your hubby keep the 05 or are you both getting new bikes?

In regards to the female/male bikes... The '06 is a male. The sales'man' asked if I was getting the AE and I just kinda looked at him funny. Gotta have a clutch. That button just doesn't do it for me!
Hi there!

Arent' sales "men" funny! The best one was a lady that worked at the Harley shop... She didnt' presume stuff... treated everybody the same....

Bet you know more about the 06 than the sales guys! <G>

Mary

Another female checking in....My first bike was the '85 Yamaha Radian. That was a sweet ride. Rode it solo to the U.P. of Michigan back then. Best part was coming home in the rain, the rainsuit and the helmet kept me dry. Traded that in for the '87 Suzuki GS700E and gained a GS1150ES shortly thereafter. Both are long gone, but not forgotten. 2004 I found a '83 750 Nighthawk. It was tired and needed to be put down.

Vicki
With all the women getting 06, I'd like to know if the range of adjustments in seat and bar adjustments will make things easier, especially if they choose a automatic clutch. Hondamatics were new to the industry back in the days, but it was not a focal point for women or men to buy, and I think it won't be today.

Last edited by a moderator:
I'm a waiter, my dealer told me next week. Don't think I will have range issues, dont have a problem currently, can flat foot my ZX9, and my hubby's ZX12. But once I get to ride the new one I'll let you know.

AJ

I wonder if there are any 06 female waiters or owners yet?
It's ZZ's fault. :D

He is going for a record...trying to make this thread last 'till 2007. :lol:

Hi my name is Mark and I am a female FJR rider. I am cute if a bit husky. Do any of you girls have to shave your chins? I do and am looking for advice... :dribble: :haha: :eh:

I'm offended.

Gleno has some issues and should see a counselor or psychologist. The animated gif of a woman punching a mans genitals is rather offensive and likely indicative of some deep seated problems.

====================

Last edited by a moderator:
Thanks luvtoride....but off the record....how many of these crazies do you think will go to WFO....strictly between you & I of course ;) ....because you know nobody ever reads these threads....nudge....nudge....wink....wink....say no more....say no more... ;)