Arkansas Clowns - who are these guys?

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Another group shot from FJR yesteryear...happened to be my first trip to AR, first time meeting these fine folks.

But who are they? Who can guess the most?

Bonus points for guessing:

-what year this photo was taken

-what road this was on

-what bike was being ridden by the rider third from the left

Good times!

Wheatie, my guess is that riders who are actually in the photo are disqualified from answering? I do believe I can name everyone/their ride and even answer all your bonus questions!

Another bonus question; Three of the riders in this photo were at the most recent event in Arkansas. Who can name them?

Oh here's another one; Who was there that stepped up and took the photo, but obviously does not appear in it?

(Sidebar ... my Avatar photo was shot on this trip Wheatie references in the photo above)

Last edited by a moderator:
Shouldn't that short fellow in the grey coat start to age pretty soon? And I see Adam [GB] to the right of him. And of course the wheatster. Was hopping escapefjrtist was going to be in the picture.

Adam had a interesting conversation with a young ranger in the Flaming Gorge. You fellows will have to ask him about it sometime.

Shouldn't that short fellow in the grey coat start to age pretty soon? And I see Adam [GB] to the right of him. And of course the wheatster. Was hopping escapefjrtist was going to be in the picture.

Adam had a interesting conversation with a young ranger in the Flaming Gorge. You fellows will have to ask him about it sometime.
Skip is in there, this photo really belongs on the Wanted Wall of the Post Office! Is that Scott, fjrrider to Skip's right? Perhaps rushes, Russ to Herr Petey's right?

Nope. Unfortunately neither Scott nor rushes attended this event. I hope he comes out of his cacoon soon. I saw him and canyonman on the same event and have not seen either of them since. I miss those guys...they are A1 FJR riders...

I don't see Petey there, so I know it didn't really happen.
tonguesmiley.gif

Well, I saw the subject line and started to get all agitated because I thought this was just another thread denigrating Arkansans. But I forgive you now
wink.png
Well Old Guy, since you asked so nicely! This fine young man lives in Dean Springs, just down the road from rushes place! jes' sayin' and nuff said, Boy Howdy!

That picture brings back fond memories. To be fair most here won't know, or ever met, the two (BMW riders) guys with the helmet on.

Well, I saw the subject line and started to get all agitated because I thought this was just another thread denigrating Arkansans. But I forgive you now
wink.png
Well Old Guy, since you asked so nicely! This fine young man lives in Dean Springs, just down the road from rushes place! jes' sayin' and nuff said, Boy Howdy!

That's great! I've saved the picture and will use it often ;)

Wheatie, my guess is that riders who are actually in the photo are disqualified from answering? I do believe I can name everyone/their ride and even answer all your bonus questions!Another bonus question; Three of the riders in this photo were at the most recent event in Arkansas. Who can name them?

Oh here's another one; Who was there that stepped up and took the photo, but obviously does not appear in it?

(Sidebar ... my Avatar photo was shot on this trip Wheatie references in the photo above)
Steve,

Since this was a pretty tough one except for those present (for which it was only mildly difficult), why don't you fill in the blanks. I actually don't remember who was taking the photo...

That picture brings back fond memories. To be fair most here won't know, or ever met, the two (BMW riders) guys with the helmet on.
You are so right Petey. That is Tom Huff on the left and Smitty's brother Daryl on the right. Both of them were riding their BMW R1150RTs. No one is going to know Dapper Dave either (2nd from right), who sadly left us last year. RIP Dave.

Ok, I filled in a couple of the blanks. There have to be some guys on here that recognize the last rider? I think we have already correctly identified Wheatie, Smitty, Skip, Petey, Adam, and me.

So who can tell us who the rider is between Petey and Adam? I'll give you a small hint or two ... he rode a 2006 AE and flys a home built aircraft.

Wheatie, my guess is that riders who are actually in the photo are disqualified from answering? I do believe I can name everyone/their ride and even answer all your bonus questions!

Another bonus question; Three of the riders in this photo were at the most recent event in Arkansas. Who can name them?

Steve,

Since this was a pretty tough one except for those present (for which it was only mildly difficult), why don't you fill in the blanks. I actually don't remember who was taking the photo...
I'm pretty sure the photo had to be taken by Chester. This was 2006 and in the photos I have seen he was there at lunch with us, so had to be him, no?

OMG!! Skinny Dave is gone?! Very sad news... I never knew him except the rides down in Hooterville, but man that is really sad. :(

The guy between Skip and Adam is a dentist in Terre Heute, IN. He crashed his home built plane but survived to build another one.

I think I learned a thing or two on that first trip following Smitty, Petey and the others. Had great fun on those rides.

I believe Smitty had polished wheels on the Gixxer he was riding in the rain that day. Talk about throttle control to keep the wheels from spinning!!! :D

I forget what road we were on in that photo before we headed over to the Cliff House?

I forget what road we were on in that photo before we headed over to the Cliff House?
That pic was taken on an overlook on HWY 7 south of the Cliff House. We went on up to the Cliff House for lunch right after that. Too bad it started to rain then too. I had to head back to St Louis from there and rode 4 hours straight in the rain. That was not fun!

Otherwise that was a great trip, as I met some great guys and there were many other Hooterville 400s with this gang. I seem to remember SkooterG even showed up unannounced for one!

Mark, missed seeing you and Petey and Chester at this last one. Skip was the only original member who showed up. Maybe we'll see you next time!
smile.png