Art of the MC

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

vinnie

Reaction score
I posted this exact same thing at the FJROwners.com site, so NO!, you're not seeing double and it's not deja vu!

The Guggenheim Museum's "The Art of the Motorcycle" -which was presented both in New York and Las Vegas- will be at the Orlando (FL) Museum of Art from Jan. to June of 2006.

The wife and I went to the one in Vegas (held at the Venetian) and really enjoyed it. Its almost too much to take in all in one day, since you want to linger by some of the bikes and just take it all in. That's why I'm already making plans for another go around in Orlando. :)

If you have not heard about it, it looks at the motorcycle primarily for its aesthetic value but never forgetting what it's all about for the rider. On one extreme, you have a 1938 Triumph 498cc Speed Twin; in the middle something like a 1974 Ducati 750SS, or a 1998 MV F4 750; at the other extreme the 1995 Aprilia Moto 6.5, for example, which is truly an amazing blend of design and function.

I have no vested interest in this, just thought some of you might enjoy a show like this and if you're planning on a winter vacation to the sunny environs of our fair state -damn, I could work for the tourism council- you might want to include this. 'Sides, you didn't want to spend all of your time in Orlando chasing down that mouse with the big ears...didja? :lol:

I went when it was in Vegas, If you haven't seen it and get the chance DO IT! :wub:

The only bad part was no cameras allowed! :angry03: I guess they want to be sure you will buy something on the $ouvenir $hop. :rant: :mad:

Thanks Vinnie ! Its in Memphis right now until the 30th and I'm taking off on Tues from San Antone to hook up with some buds in Dallas and Little Rock and we're going to catch it !!! I am so STOKED !!! 19 months ago I was dying in an emergency room of my 9th heart attack at 42, and one of the nurses asked if I had any regrets....I said yeah....I havent seen The Art of The Motorcycle show yet and she said "I think he's getting delerious Doc"...and we all laughed ! Turns out my Thoracic Surgeon has an '03 feejer !!!! :D

Bobby

that's funny Bobby. :haha:

Somewhere else either on this board or the FJRowners.com there was a thread about some guy who was triying to decide about buying the bike or not because of his fiance. Everyone gave good advice but, the bottom line is that "you only get one chance at making this a fun one, or a wasted one."

Get on your bike son, and have yer'self some fun with the buds! That way you'll know when you go, you'll have a smile on your face.

Tho' the bugs might sometimes hit your teeth, keep on smiling... :D

Wifey and I saw it in Vegas, it is definitely a must do, even if you have to travel to get there. Just more ride time, right. I was a bit miffed by the no cameras thing as well but we did buy the huge ass book and had it mailed back to Colorado so wouldn't have to lug it around with us. Nice keepsake that I pull our and go thru when the mood strikes me. JB

Thanks Vinnie, I LIVE every day now and ride one of my 3 bikes every day also ! Ya just never know when its your day ! On a side note the camera prohibition must be venue specific because they allow cameras or video just no flash, lights or tripods. I'm loading up the ole Canon EOS-1n with 400 B&W and its going for a little ride in a saddle bag !!! Thanks Again and Blessings Bros !

Bobby :D

In Memphis, they allow photography (including flash). You just have to pay an extra $5 IIRC and sign a form stating your photographs are for personal use and will not be used for any commercial purposes. They give you a little sticker to wear so the guards don't harrass you.

boardsNbikes

In Memphis, they allow photography (including flash). You just have to pay an extra $5 IIRC and sign a form stating your photographs are for personal use and will not be used for any commercial purposes. They give you a little sticker to wear so the guards don't harrass you.
boardsNbikes
You suck! :p

Vegas was no cameras at all, no way, no how!

WOW ! Thanks B&B for your input...I'll pack that wompin 550EZ flash of mine and I'll be able to shoot slides...this is getting better all the time !!!!! Thanks too Rogue for your input also bro...but c'mon Vegas vs Memphis...it couldnt be that rough !

Bobby