Best BBQ Joints

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Dr. Rich

Arrested Development
Reaction score
Now that I am retired and planning several road trips, I would love to have some BBQ destinations. I can't think of anything much better after a days ride than a plate of BBQ and a cold beer.

I will start it off with one in Berkley that I think is pretty great. It is Everett and Jones up near Cal Berkeley.... 1955 San Pablo Avenue (between Hearst Ave & University Ave) Berkeley, CA 94702 (510) 548-8261

For a really good steak and ribs there are several in Santa Maria / Buellton area. There is the Far Western Tavern in Guadalupe, the Hitchin Post in Casmallia and Buellton and Jocko's in Nipomo.

What is in your area that is off the chart good??????

Last edited by a moderator:
Now that I am retired and planning several road trips, I would love to have some BBQ destinations. I can't think of anything much better after a days ride than a plate of BBQ and a cold beer.
I will start it off with one in Berkley that I think is pretty great. It is Everett and Jones up near Cal Berkeley.... 1955 San Pablo Avenue (between Hearst Ave & University Ave) Berkeley, CA 94702 (510) 548-8261

For a really good steak and ribs there are several in Santa Maria / Buellton area. There is the Far Western Tavern in Guadalupe, the Hitchin Post in Casmallia and Buellton and Jocko's in Nipomo.

What is in your area that is off the chart good??????

Blue Flame, Port Angeles

Memphis Blues, Vancouver

In Valley Center, CA (northern San Diego) there is a place called Fat Ivors. They have all you can eat beef ribs from 14 bucks. The ribs are so tender that when you pick them up the meat falls off the bone. If you come down here let me know and I will go with you.

This is more than a days ride but there is the Whole Hog Cafe in Little Rock, Arkansas

In Bozeman, MT—last month—at Famous Dave’s I had what I thought was a good BBQ sandwich with potato salad for, IIRC, less than $7. My wife also got a BBQ sandwich but with fries. Next time I’ll get the fries with my sandwich.

Dr. Hogly Wogly's Tyler Texas BBQ in Van Nuys is raved about by Adam Carolla, to the point where I want to go try it, and I've been thinking about putting together a fall RTE there once the weather turns to cool.

Anybody eaten there before? It has to be better than hot dogs....

[SIZE=14pt]Bar None Bar-B-Que‎ -[/SIZE]

1613 E Main St, Mountain View, AR‎ - (870) 269-2200‎

BARNONEBARBQ.jpg

[SIZE=36pt]Great BBQ...even greater roads nearby![/SIZE] :clapping:

Just so ya know...this is a dry county. So yer beers are gonna be back at yer motel room fridge...the ones you picked up at the package store at the county line. :rolleyes:

Dr. Hogly Wogly's Tyler Texas BBQ in Van Nuys is raved about by Adam Carolla, to the point where I want to go try it, and I've been thinking about putting together a fall RTE there once the weather turns to cool.
Anybody eaten there before? It has to be better than hot dogs....
Its been 35 years since I ate there but it was the best around at the time and if it is still there it must be good. I could be interested in a RTE in the fall before I get snowed in.

I'm just going to go out on a limb and say it: I haven't had good BBQ since I crossed to the west side of the Mississippi River. Apparently Texas threatened everyone in the west into following their BBQ cult.

If one of you local PNW'ers wants to prove me wrong, I'm willing to try.

Dr. Hogly Woggly is almost local for me and I eat there about once a year. It is very good but I have never understood its world-class buzz. Of course, Toe, if you are organizing a ride to the Dr.'s this fall then I am there (it's much better than Pink's)!

The Barbque King just opened a branch in Woodland Hills, CA that I think has even better food than does Hogly Wogly. On a good day, too, Grandpa Fred's in Woodland Hills/Canoga Park can be great but they are inconsistent. It's an interesting place - no windows (set in an industrial park-ish building) and no pork (the owners are 7th Day Adventists)... but they have diet Black Cherry soda on the menu and the BBQ beef ribs and Mac and Cheese can both be really, really good...ask for the ribs dry, though, and add sauce to taste.

Latest posts