Big Bear Ride

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Slappy

Reaction score
This will be for all SoCal and those that wish to travel great distance to join us for a ride up to Big Bear.

As of 8/22/08

We will be meeting up at Starbucks, 627 Orange Street Redlands CA, near the highway 10/30 intersection on August 23, 2008 and will be departing at 9am with the intent of having brunch/lunch in Big Bear. Miguel recommended the Old Country Inn as a good place to grab grub. It seems modestly priced with a very large menu. It is at 41126 Big Bear Blvd in Big Bear CA.

For the San Diego area people we will be meeting at the Starbucks near North County Fair and group riding up for those interested. We will be departing at 7:15 am sharp. According to Google maps its 83 miles and approximately 1.20 hrs. That will give everyone enough time to top off with fuel in Redlands and get a leg stretch before the ride.

THE RIDE will start at Starbucks (North on Orange Steet) north 6 blocks to East Lugonia (38). Take 38 east to 18. Now according to Google maps this is only about 50 miles. So even taking it slow should only take an hour. (What does everyone think about taking a lap around the lakes?) This will put is in closer to an early lunch.

From the Restraunt Travel out 38 or 18 West to the end of the lake. Pickup 18 West. At Running Springs I will be splitting off and heading back home. For those that want to continue there is talk about taking 18 up around arrow head and beyond.

Home to San Diego and All Points South For those that want to go south a scenic way I will be taking 18 to 330 to 30 to 10 east. 10 east to Banning. At Banning we will go 243 to 74. Cut through the east side of Hemit, Sage road south to 371 to 79. 79 to Dudlies to 78 to 67 and home.

the ride

IN

Slappy

NeilSanDiego

LowLevelFJRPilot

Jordylad

FJSTAR

Tonyrob

sin loki

Santa Fe Dreaming

YNOTRIDE

Fairlaner

JTC

Doug5551

GregFJR

POSSIBLE

GunMD

FJamR

Pegscraper

Last edited by a moderator:
I'm in. Are kevlar mesh kilts acceptable?

Assuming this is for the 23rd of August?

HEY! I never said I was going!

Count me in. :p

FYI - Later August is better for me.

Maybe we could beat the heat if we made it a Night ride. I've done this many times and its great. Nobody up there and the view from Rim of the World is spectacular. The roads are in great condition too. Lets try out those HID's.

Just an idea, Hwy 10 to the 30 to the 330 and up the hill. or Hwy 15 to the 138east and go in the back way past Lake Silverwood and thru Crestline then ride the ridge past Rim of the world and all the way to Big Bear Lake. There are lots of Dinner places up there as well.

How about these?

h50.jpg

anyone recommend a decent hotel in the area? for Friday night/ Saturday night? Aug 23 so far looks like go.

Hey guys,

If you are going to be up in Big Bear on August 23, I would highly recommend you stop to check out the Big Bear Wooden Boat show. It is free, and there will be 20-30 museum quality "Chris-Craft" style wooden boats on display. If you are a gear head, you will definetly find it interesting. One of the boats had a Jaguar engine and another had an airplane motor fit in. It would not take very long to check it out, and I do not think you would be disappointed.

Sin Loki, if you are on a budget, there is a Motel 6 that will be your most affordable alternative.

Higher up the food chain would be The Best Western Big Bear chateau. I had a friend stay there and he liked it enough to go back. There is also the Northwoods resort, which has a western theme and is very nice.

Sin Loki, if you are on a budget, there is a Motel 6......Best Western Big Bear chateau...Northwoods resort...
These are all in Big Bear, no? If I understood what Sin Loki is looking for, it is something down the hill in L.A./Riverside. Good suggestions for a Big Bear stay though, if that's what is being sought.

Sin Loki, if you are on a budget, there is a Motel 6......Best Western Big Bear chateau...Northwoods resort...
These are all in Big Bear, no? If I understood what Sin Loki is looking for, it is something down the hill in L.A./Riverside. Good suggestions for a Big Bear stay though, if that's what is being sought.
if i hotel it there then why ride with a group? much rather have take the trip with a bunch of others than by my self :D from one of the maps i am not too far off from a meeting spot.

PS. i have no navi so if i take a bad turn off the main HWY am pretty much fucked.

PPS non-local, i would miss all the good stuff and have less photos to take!