Bikes And Construction Areas

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

thegunslinger

Reaction score
A couple of years ago Alaska made it policy that bikes get motioned to the front of the pack at construction stops by flaggers so they don't have to eat dust or get showered with mud. I was wondering if any other states do the same thing.

I keep forgetting that the Canucks don't do it when I first leave the state and the flaggers in Canada ask me what the "F" I think I'm doing when I roll up to the front of a string of cages. ;)

I didn't see this practice in any of the states I was in this summer.

It's done a lot in California, where it's legal to lane-share anyway. Depending on the situation, I do it about 7 times out of 10, and most other bikes seem to do it about as often. Cagers don't seem to mind.

-you can do it here in Texas, just make sure your riding jacket has ballistic protection, NIJ certified for at least .357 magnum!

You might have already seen this film clip

Heads Up

Funny but

1. Not entirely work safe

2. Ladies will deny ever driving like this

So be warned ;)

Stef

In CA, for long waits, yes I go to the front also even if it's 2 lane and I'm off the right side. Never had a problem. Out here in Chicagoland the cagers don't appreciate it and expect bikes to wait like anyone else. Drives me nutz...

In Chicago, cars will pull to the right of bikes and try to race them off the line like that. They also have not yet figured out that at a 4 way stop, 2 vehicles going opposite directions can actually go through the intersection at the same time.