Blood Mountain about 2:10pm today

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

smithpa68

Reaction score
I was passed by a dark grey and red FJR GENIII's this afternoon going north on 129 a bit after 2pm on Blood Mountain today. You guys were moving. Nice to see two FJR's chasing each other on that road. Salute!

Me neither. Social obligations eliminated ride time this past weekend.

I sometimes wonder why I haven't run into you, smith, but then I realize that very little of my riding is done in our county. If I was driving a chromed tractor I might stick closer to home, I suppose. Once my landing gear is up, I'm headed afar to points north or south, usually. After a long day of riding in the rain combined with a bad cold, I actually resorted to four wheels today, with the monsoon passing through. A rare occurrence outside that required for work....

Last edited by a moderator:
Yeah.. I don't know Bill. One of these days we are bound to run into each other. I put two tanks through my bike in North GA last Saturday. 52 over Fort Mountain and back, north to Blue Ridge then south on 60, over Wolfpen Gap, up and down Blood mountain a couple times, then over to 75 north of Helen, then back over to Vogel State park via Richard Russell scenic hwy. Blood mountain once more then home to Cumming.

Then went back up for a 1/2 day with a group of folks on Sunday with my wife on the back.. :) I am out there.....

Almost killed myself on the mountian a few years back. It's like a race track in the clouds, cops almost caught us lol.

But I was on a crotch rocket at te time ;)