CFR 2009

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Is there a date set yet. I've got to put my holiday request in this week and really hope it's scheduled for June 18-20th.

DaveS

Last edited by a moderator:
Can I start a new chorus?

"Are we there yet" :lol:

Chris

Last edited by a moderator:
This is now in my calendar! The Kootenays (if that is the destination) are in my very short list of favorite riding areas. Marianne and I spent a week riding around the Nelson area in Sept of 06, I spent a couple of more days there last Sept and our group returning from NAFO saw a very blurred portion in late July. Did I mention that I love this area! I think there might well be an Oregon delegation attending.

18 - 20 June are days that I am supposed to watch the Labrador (Canadienne, non?) so I had better start working on re-arranging that bit of logistics.

...also has credit cards ready

and we all know how patient women with credit cards are??

*whine*

Hmmmm, the dates for the Canadian FJR Rally have been set for June 18 -20 in Nakusp B.C. Is that right?

The ride up there took me 2 long days to get to when we lived in Santa Rosa, CA for the WFO-3 rally. Now that we are in SoCAL, we would have to tack on another days ride time each way. It sounds like it could turn into another 2 week vacation. But the scenery that we would have to put up with would make it worth while.

Who is organizing this rally and where are the official announcements? :dribble:

Yours truly is the Chair and my hard-working committee is spread out over 4 provinces from coast to coast.

The delay is all my fault as I am in the middle of a major house addition/renovation that is consuming far too much of my time - but I'm having a lot of fun too.

As soon as we have all of our CFR ducks in a row and our new website is ready to go for registrations, you will see the announcement here first - I promise!

I posted to confirm those dates last week as I do understand that's important for people blocking holidays etc. - but please cut me just a little more slack on the rest of the details until we have everything firmed up - K?

Chill folks - CFR is still 7 months away and those (beautiful!) roads are going to be covered with snow for about 4 of those...

Yeah guys...chill. Dave will have enough headaches without these little artificial ones.

Dave, I'm dreamin' big and hoping to get there...if gas prices stay low I might jes be able to swing it. Till then I'm keepin' my fingers crossed...

Yours truly is the Chair and my hard-working committee is spread out over 4 provinces from coast to coast.
The delay is all my fault as I am in the middle of a major house addition/renovation that is consuming far too much of my time - but I'm having a lot of fun too.

As soon as we have all of our CFR ducks in a row and our new website is ready to go for registrations, you will see the announcement here first - I promise!

I posted to confirm those dates last week as I do understand that's important for people blocking holidays etc. - but please cut me just a little more slack on the rest of the details until we have everything firmed up - K?

Chill folks - CFR is still 7 months away and those (beautiful!) roads are going to be covered with snow for about 4 of those...
Thank you for the heads up. We will stay tuned for any latest developments. Until then ..... happy remodeling. :construction:

Dave, I'm dreamin' big and hoping to get there...if gas prices stay low I might jes be able to swing it. Till then I'm keepin' my fingers crossed...
I'm trying to swing it as well. Money or time off isn't the issue. Just some family shit that I'll have to find a good solution so I can take that amount of time off with a clear concience.

In fact, I'm sitting here at work on a Friday afternoon wasting bandwidth at a copious rate with google maps, trying to figure out if I can squeeze in Banf and Jasper on the way to the Kootenays, then Glacier Nat. Park, Yellowstone and the Beartooth Pass on the way home in two weeks. While still taking time to see the sites.

Course, some other crazy buggers wanna ride WAY further north.

I'm trying to swing it as well. Money or time off isn't the issue. Just some family shit that I'll have to find a good solution so I can take that amount of time off with a clear concience.

In fact, I'm sitting here at work on a Friday afternoon wasting bandwidth at a copious rate with google maps, trying to figure out if I can squeeze in Banf and Jasper on the way to the Kootenays, then Glacier Nat. Park, Yellowstone and the Beartooth Pass on the way home in two weeks. While still taking time to see the sites.

Course, some other crazy buggers wanna ride WAY further north.
Who could that be :whistle:

Status
Not open for further replies.