Change of Status

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ktidrick

Reaction score
Well, had to go and update my sig line and my avatar bike description from "other" to FJR. Officially an "FJR Pilot" finally!!! WOOT and Happy Birthday to ME thanks to a lovely bride and the excellent care Flo (Progressive) provides her clients.

1996 Honda ST1100 met an untimely demise two weeks ago (9 Apr 2020) but as a result I have been able to realize a long held aspiration to own an FJR1300.

After CycleTrader searching all over the dang nation, I found a beautiful 2007 Black Cherry just 60 miles away. Seller is an ASC certified mech and a meticuluous guy - ya know, that guy from whom you WANT to buy a moto-scoot!! Bike has 29k on the odomoter, a number of decent mods and is in excellent condition. Happy camper here!

Now to initiate a few farkle mods of my own including installing an Audiovox CCS-100, looking for the "Geraulds' Spiffy Kit" as I will add a top box mount at some point and a bit of drop-protection 'cause I can be a klutz....

And HERE we go! 🙂

https://photos.app.goo.gl/7EL947Ewto5YmWS97

(that most likely didn't work to share a pic. Struggling with that high tech skill like others I have observed. Sigh. I use Google Photos.)

Google photos doesn't like to link to another website.  Looks like the one I sold a little over a year ago.  Mine had a few more miles (187,000). I'm sure you will have many years of enjoyment with that bike.  Still think the 2007 was the best color.  Congratulations. 

Google photos doesn't like to link to another website.  Looks like the one I sold a little over a year ago.  Mine had a few more miles (187,000). I'm sure you will have many years of enjoyment with that bike.  Still think the 2007 was the best color.  Congratulations. 
Had a mere 91k on my ST1100 when she met her untimely demise. Hope to trounce that and sneak up on your mark there with this one.

Modifying slightly what someone once said - I plan to ride this one forever. So far so good. Ha!

Now to initiate a few farkle mods of my own including installing an Audiovox CCS-100,
Contrats on your new toy.

If it's of any help, I fitted a CCS-100 to my '10. Although mine was the AS variant (AE to you), much of my experience might apply to you. I posted about it here. Early posts showed not very good control, don't worry, fixed further down the thread, finally worked very well for several years until I sold the bike.

Full pictorial of my fitting here.

Excellent! Thank you. I will absolutely give your write up a study.

Installed on one my ST1100 a few years back but it has been a while. That instruction set did not utilize the magnet pick-up mode (ignition lead for the engine pulses as I recall) and worked very well.

Opportunities to learn.  🤔

Verah nize! I've always been a sucker for black vehicles until I'm reminded that they take a lot of work to continue being beautiful. When someone else tackles those issues, I give them mad props.

Congrats on the new (to you) '07! Sounds like you found a good one. Lots of ideas here to make it your own...and we're pretty good at helping!

Enjoy the bike, you won't be disappointed.

~G