Code 30!

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Wow, my hat's off to you. Most people here would never admit to dropping their bike (myself included) let alone show it on video.
seems any time i've ever dropped a bike, it's always been in front of an audience. :glare:

glad you're ok.

eventually you'll learn to tuck-and-roll; popping back up to your feet a little bit away from the bike. for style points, raise your hands over your head, arch your back, and smile for the judges. :D
I almost got away with that-at least thought I did-came up to a stop sign, too lazy/tired, meant to hesitate, but whoops-did perfect back flip. First thing I did was look all around. Ah, no one saw! Get bike up, roll to side of sign very pleased, then I hear: "Hey! You all right?" Crap. Bad enough, but then he said "I'm a rider too, can't believe you got that thing up so fast." Bad to worse!!! He's a rider! Embarrassment level goes through roof. Insult to injury, he followed me for a bit to make sure everything was OK.

OK Mark, go to the garage and lay her down slowly .................. now pick her up .......... report back here :lol:

ok, opened this thread up for the 1st time to the above

I sure hope yer talking about a bike...........

(off to page 1 now to check LOL)

Hi Nate,

Thanks for sharing you cool video..... now you have the battle scars to be allowed to link the little drop club sticker into your signature as seen below :lol:

When I dropped mine I stopped on the side of the road with the right foot coming down off the pavement on a gravel decline, and I had my little daughter on the back. A big young guy in a pickup stopped to help get the bike back up, and before I was even in place to shoulder it up properly with my legs, he already yanked from the other side. From all his swearing I was pretty sure he was going to have some major back problems from it.

Seems like something that can happen to any of us. And now you know how to properly pickup a bike without hurting yourself! What got scratched on the bike when you tipped?