Colorado last summer

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

flyball

Reaction score
Ride reports is just about my favorite part of this forum but I've never posted anything here, partly because I'm afraid I'll screw it up. But I'm killing time in a hotel room in Anchorage looking at some pictures I took last summer in Colorado and thought I would see if I could do this. So forgive me if this doesn't post correctly and I'm only going to put a few pictures here until I get the hang of this.

Anyway, I rode Silverton-Durango-Dolores-Ridgeway-Ouray- Silverton. So far it is by far the best ride I've made on any motorcycle anywhere.

First off, out of Silverton south to Durango

100_1315.jpg

Between Stoner and Rico on 145

100_1321.jpg

Trout Lake just before reaching the "Ophir Loop"

100_1329.jpg

Heading down into Telluride

100_1336.jpg

The next pictures are of the road from Ouray to Silverton, one of the best stretches of road you can ride.

100_1342.jpg

100_1346.jpg

100_1349.jpg

O.K. hope this works like I think it should and hope you enjoy the photos.

Maybe a nice break from the winter weather.

Looks like you did it right! The pictures are great, would love to make a trip out there.

Thanks for posting.

Oooooo.. Hwy 145 and the Million $ Hwy.. Making me drool as those high speed sweepers haunt me all winter long. Can't wait to pass through there again this summer on the way to Mt. Rushmore. Thanks for the reminder how awesome Co really is. Oh, and nice job on your first report!

Last edited by a moderator:
Gorgeous country and pics, flyball. Hoping to explore more of that beautiful state again - this summer.

It would be really cool to see what those locations look like right now.

You know, like photos taken from the same spots.

Pinhead?

Gorgeous country and pics, flyball. Hoping to explore more of that beautiful state again - this summer.It would be really cool to see what those locations look like right now.

Pinhead?

Great shots, flyball! Good job on your first report.

What?
Old Michael wants you to get on your bike, ride through the snow to take some pictures in the same spots FlyBall took his pictures so we can all see what it looks like with roads being buried in snow and you freezing your ass off slipping and sliding while I sit in my living room with my front door open allowing that wonderful 79 degree warmth to pour in as I sit here in my shorts trying to decide what flavor ice cream I will get at the local dairy queen later on tonight while I watch the fireworks display going off every day this week being put on by the firework manufacturers that goes on twice each year here in Havasu because of our warm early spring/ late winter temperatures..

Now, what was so hard to understand about OM's request??

Now Pinhead............ you better get started if you expect to be done before dark!! :yahoo:

Last edited by a moderator:

Pinhead?

Old Michael wants you to get on your bike, ride through the snow to take some pictures in the same spots FlyBall took his pictures so we can all see what it looks like with roads being buried in snow and you freezing your ass off slipping and sliding while I sit in my living room with my front door open allowing that wonderful 79 degree warmth to pour in as I sit here in my shorts trying to decide what flavor ice cream I will get at the local dairy queen later on tonight while I watch the fireworks display going off every day this week being put on by the firework manufacturers that goes on twice each year here in Havasu because of our warm early spring/ late winter temperatures..

Yeah!

:rofl: :lol: :rofl:

And don't track mud into the house.

Pinhead?

Yeah!

:rofl: :lol: :rofl:

And don't track mud into the house.

That was good, fellas. Pretty damned good. I got nuttin'.

Pin, nice photos. May have to check out those roads this fall.

fireworks display going off every day this week being put on by the firework manufacturers that goes on twice each year here in Havasu because of our warm early spring/ late winter temperatures..
Fireworks mfgs. show?? This sounds like a must see event, pics please...