Competition Accessories

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

BackintheSaddle

Reaction score
Just wanted to relay a recent positive (read - painless) experience with Competition Accessories. I order a FieldSheer jacket and pants from them out of their closeout stuff. Though the color selections were limited due to closeout status, the gear arrived promptly and in the correct size. No hassles, quick to ship and they didn't bill me until the day of shipment. They even included the clothes hangers! Also looks like PR2's are on sale right now - free shipping.

https://www.compacc.com

Last edited by a moderator:
I've been buying more tires from them. For some reason they are even beating Tire Express by a few dollars. They ship quick and have good dates on the tires. So far, no muss, no fuss.

I've been buying more tires from them. For some reason they are even beating Tire Express by a few dollars. They ship quick and have good dates on the tires. So far, no muss, no fuss.
FYI, I just bought tires from Tire Express (they have a special on front/rear PR2s as a package) and it got shipped from Competition Accessories. I guess they're a subsidiary or just another name?

FYI, I just bought tires from Tire Express (they have a special on front/rear PR2s as a package) and it got shipped from Competition Accessories. I guess they're a subsidiary or just another name?
From what I understand they are the same company, including Helmet Express, but for some reason one will have the same tire package for a couple of dollars less than the other. One tacks an insurance fee, while the other is usually a little higher on the price.

I've just had a bad experience with these people. I ordered some gear from them a week ago. It was shown as being on "closeout," but the sizes and colors that I wanted were both shown as "in stock". They accepted my order and payment and sent me an email confirmation. Payment was made through Paypal and it went through against my account.

Never saw the expected "Your Order has Shipped email, so I checked on the order online today and it still showed as status "pending" after 6 days. Called and spoke to "customer service" and was told that both items that I ordered last week are out of stock and No Longer Available. :huh: CS rep said the website informed me to "check on availability," which is total BS. I just double checked (the item is still on their web site but not in the sizes I want) and there is no such warning.

Naturally, the order is cancelled and I'm expecting my Paypal account to reflect the refund. I won't bother ever ordering from them or anyone else that takes my order (and my money) but doesn't have the goods to ship. That is just bad business practice for any online vendor. :thumbsdownsmileyanim:

I've just had a bad experience with these people. I ordered some gear from them a week ago. It was shown as being on "closeout," but the sizes and colors that I wanted were both shown as "in stock". They accepted my order and payment and sent me an email confirmation. Payment was made through Paypal and it went through against my account.

Never saw the expected "Your Order has Shipped email, so I checked on the order online today and it still showed as status "pending" after 6 days. Called and spoke to "customer service" and was told that both items that I ordered last week are out of stock and No Longer Available. :huh: CS rep said the website informed me to "check on availability," which is total BS. I just double checked (the item is still on their web site but not in the sizes I want) and there is no such warning.

Naturally, the order is cancelled and I'm expecting my Paypal account to reflect the refund. I won't bother ever ordering from them or anyone else that takes my order (and my money) but doesn't have the goods to ship. That is just bad business practice for any online vendor. :thumbsdownsmileyanim:
Exactly my experience with them Fred, with a helmet. Fair to say though that this happened only once out of the many times I've used them. Took about a week for them to credit my account.

Bummer, dudes.

I've bought helmets and tires from 'em and have nothing bad to say at all.

Now I just need my new rear PR2 I ordered from 'em to get here so I can slap 'er on before NERDS...

I've had good experiences with them online. Don't bother going to their store in Rock Hill, SC. You will be very disapointed. I expected to see all of the products that they have online, plus maybe a closeout/clearance section. No such luck. They have about the same you see at an average dealer.

I'm in the middle of a horrible experience with them . . . returned an item . . . which Competition Accessories admit the received on July 7th . . . today is August 1st and I'm still waiting for my refund to my PayPal account . . . I've called Customer Service and they just say "well I show a PayPal refund on July 10th" . . . and offer no other help to look into whether they actually processed the refund or not . . . so I've had to escalate the issue with PayPal and file a claim against Competition Accessories . . . IN the end I'm hoping it's an issue with PayPal, but I have my doubts in light of I've years of incident free use with PayPal . . . I'm also "assuming" that it's an office-related problem with CompAcc in that some just hasn't hit the "refund" button on their end . . . but hoping it is resolved quickly . . . 3 days and no response from CompAcc . . . and that's dissapointing

To be fair . . today I called CompAcc again in regard to my PayPal refund and instead of requesting Customer Service I pressed "0" for "the office". The office personnel seem much better equipped to deal with the refund issue (although the PayPal person was "off" today). My guess is that Customer Service is really more sales related and not empowered to look into transaction details. My dealing with "the office" were pleasant and they assured my they would call back as soon as possible. I felt much more re-assured that I'll be able to effectively resolve the missing refund.

UPDATE: Easily Resolved by pressing "0" and speaking with "the Office" . . . refund processed and in my account within hours . . . impressive service.

I had the same experience as Fred. I waited a week for a confirmation shipping e-mail and then I called, was told out of stock on my size. Plenty of other places to do business with that will let you know what's going on. IMO.

I had the same experience as Fred. I waited a week for a confirmation shipping e-mail and then I called, was told out of stock on my size. Plenty of other places to do business with that will let you know what's going on. IMO.
I just recently discovered that "quirk" in their online ordering system too . . . while you're perusing an item online there is an "Part Number Status" tab next to the Item Description tab, etc . . . you have to open that tab to see if they actually have the item in stock that you're about to order . . .