Current State of the Art - Radar Detectors

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

MCML

Not All Who Wander Are Lost
Reaction score
This is not a plea for help as to which is "best". It's just that in reading all the reviews online, it seems that subsequent to the introduction of the 9500i in 2007 (and the responses by Bel and others) that nothing much has changed (with the possible exception of stealth dectectors which are mostly irrelevant for me).

Am I missing something?

Do those of you using radar detectors that have GPS-based features (memorized false alert sites, preprogrammed speed camera sites, etc.) find these features to be worthwhile?

Last edited by a moderator:
It's a game of one-upmanship, if the police equipment hasn't significantly changed, the detection doesn't need to change.

Adaptive.

Thanks. I had come across that unit in my research. It's a nice radar detector but its specs (mostly range of detection when acceptably filtering out false alerts) are a bit below some of the others. The wireless headset feature will be a plus for many riders but I will be patching the audio through my Starcom unit.