Day Ride Routes @ CFO 2008

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Jackson

Reaction score
Last year I put together some suggested routes for individual day rides at CFO 2007 HERE. Those are still valid. But in case you want to put together your own routes, I highlighted some good and great roads in the Black Hills on some maps. The maps you see below are just low-resolution images.

Black Hills Bike Roads

CFO-BlackHillsBikeRoutes-THUMB.jpg

One thing about the map above.... Vanocker Road, south of Sturgis and arguably one of the best motorcycle roads in the Black Hills, only shows up on my Garmin GPS unit as a dirt road, a dotted line, and then only if you zoom WAY in. It may have been dirt a few years ago, but now it has great pavement, and about a bazillion twisties. Or maybe eightyteen twisties, I lost count. On the south end, it is well-marked on Nemo Road, just north of Nemo. On the north end at Sturgis, it is an extension of Junction Avenue, and goes under I. 90. There has been new construction in this area recently. New streets have been built and the Interstate ramps have been reconfigured. HERE is a link to the north end of the road at Sturgis on Google Maps.

Devils Tower and Badlands NP Bike roads

DevilsTower-BadlandsMaps-THUMB.jpg

If you want to download high-resolutions files of these maps so you can print them yourselves, here are the links. Be warned, they are large files. The first is 5 MB, and the second is 2 MB.

Black Hills Bike Roads

Devils Tower and Badlands NP Bike Roads

I'll have some better quality maps at CFO, but hopefully this will give you some information if you want to do some route planning before you arrive at Custer.

Last edited by a moderator: