Deer Season

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
......has anyone on this board ever smacked a deer on the Feej? ....
Yes, the 2nd day I had mf fjr my oldest son asked if I would take him for a ride on it. Of course I did. About 15min in to the ride we where on a little county black top road doing about 45mph when out of the left ditch came a small deer. I had no time to react I just remember thinking "Oh crap I've got my son on here!!". As it turned out we ran right over the top of it. Stoped the bike right there in the road and took inventory. Us and the bike where fine except for one scratch in the front fender and fur stuck to everything. The deer didn't fair so well.

Often enough that this icon is available for the sig line:
DeerIcon.jpg
There are many tales of strikes and near strikes. Almost all solid hits results in lots of damage to the FJR but usually limited damage to the rider. Also, look for this icon in the sig line as an alternative:
deer.gif
Where does one get these icons?

We call 'em ditch donkeys around here...never seen a rat that big. I have only had close calls, cage or FJR...I know one rider who hit one with an SV, gutted it clean as a whistle, and he didn't go down, and rode the bike home... he was in the Sierras and couldn't pack the meat on his already loaded bike...and in Cali you do not get to keep what you kill anyway...unless DF&G don't catch ya...