DFW area favorite rides

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

TejasFJR

Reaction score
I figure it might be a good idea to start a thread of some of our favorites roads. Be as descriptive as possible, where you started, ended, trip length, places to eat, leo presense, good places for photo ops etc. If you can additionally add a https://google.maps.com route that would be a bonus.

Fjrchik took me and bearly flying down the 157 loop for the only close (to me) twisties in the metro plex. Take 360 south past 20 till you hit 287. Go north about a mile and at your first exit head west onto 157. There are about 13 or 14 pretty good turns over a nine mile span. The speed limit is 50/55 and the caution signs are posted at 30 so you can take them turns at about 60. Just watch for sand and whatnot on the roads.

Fjrchik took me and bearly flying down the 157 loop for the only close (to me) twisties in the metro plex. Take 360 south past 20 till you hit 287. Go north about a mile and at your first exit head west onto 157. There are about 13 or 14 pretty good turns over a nine mile span. The speed limit is 50/55 and the caution signs are posted at 30 so you can take them turns at about 60. Just watch for sand and whatnot on the roads.
Is this about right Odot?

Google Map

Last edited by a moderator:
Yeah, that's it. Avoid it during rush hour. Be advised....lots of big trucks and the occasional tractor goin bout 5mph.

Ya that wasn't a bad little jaunt, considering the state of our health that day.
he he! good times! 9 miles of fun.

there's always FM4 out past Granbury. or 697 up by Sherman.

i have a great route to Stephenville through some pretty good stuff but will have to look it up sometime when I'm at home. i'm hoping to use that one sometime this spring for our monthly getaway.

OK, I'll toss a few in. FM545 from Hwy121 near US75 to Blue Ridge is my local favorite. Some of the other roads in the area are OK - FM1827 and to a lesser exten FM1377. FM455 from US75 heading west to Pilot Point seems to be the most popular sportbike road on the north side of town, but attracts more LEO attention with less tolerance as a result.

OK, I'll toss a few in. FM545 from Hwy121 near US75 to Blue Ridge is my local favorite.
This one?

Melissa to Blue Ridge FM 545

Some of the other roads in the area are OK - FM1827 and to a lesser exten FM1377. FM455 from US75 heading west to Pilot Point seems to be the most popular sportbike road on the north side of town, but attracts more LEO attention with less tolerance as a result.
FM 1827 route?

FM 1827 near McKinney

FM 1377 route?

FM 1377 near McKinney

FM 455 route from Anna to Montague (prefer this route from Pilot Point west to Montague)

Anna to Montague

Anna to Montaque would have been a great run but the last time I was on it, it needed repaving seriously

It's been a couple of years since I did the run from Montague to Anna, but I remember a lot of road construction and housing development between Pilot Point and Anna. How is that portion now?

Marcos, if the construction between Pilot Point and Anna on 455 you're talking about was...ohhhhh...say about 4 years ago then you'll be mightily disappointed. They went from nice smooth blacktop to that awful oil & rock surface which, over the years, has developed deep and treacherous grooves on every turn.

If you're talking about a different time period for the construction then nevermind. :)