Disable Windshield Auto Retract on the 2008 FJR

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Judd 08 FJR

Reaction score
Disable Windshield Auto Retract on the 2008 FJR Ive seen the earlier post on disabling the 2003 FJR And I have had most of the plastic off my 08 but still dont see that dam plug is it still in the same place? Help anyone? Thanks :unsure:

Disable Windshield Auto Retract on the 2008 FJR Ive seen the earlier post on disabling the 2003 FJR And I have had most of the plastic off my 08 but still dont see that dam plug is it still in the same place? Help anyone? Thanks :unsure:
Thank you Ignacio That new Post In Bin O' Facts for Gen 2 bikes. should really help!

Last edited by a moderator:
Thank you Ignacio That new Post In Bin O' Facts for Gen 2 bikes. should really help!
Just a thought...

I intended to do this disable also. But I live in Colorado and sometimes we have a lot of wind. The auto-retract diminishes the sail qualities of my Cal Sci window when the bike is parked, so I am leaving the auto-retract in place.

YMMV