Do these look right?

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

evilmedic13

Reaction score
Just a quick question . I just changed my plugs and the electrode is BLACK, or I should say the ring/top thread around the electrode is that way, on all 4 of 'em.

The bike has about 9000 miles on it, I know, I know last summer was busy w/ work and wedding crap and this year I've been able toride it 4 times, once since March 15 But w/ 4 waaaaay black electrodes is this something to get really worried about? Also, a lot of my driving hasbeen in stop and go traffic the last year,if that helps

I'm post ho'n this because I don't think anybody would bother w/ it wjere it was. Admins, if I need a spankin, feel free just wasn't too sure abou this, it's got me a little worried
PICT0080-1.jpg

Evil you have the plugspositioned the wrong way. When you are looking at them on the computer they need to be turned so you look at the tip which would be the 6 O'clock position.

From the way they are sitting the tips look light they are burnning correctly. The have that golden brown color which means a good burn rate

weekend rider :) :D

Those be lookin jus like the ones I took outta mine a couple thousand miles ago. Nothing to worry about! Now go ride that thing... B)

--G

Soon, hopefully soon :rolleyes: . See what doc has in store for me later. Thnaks everyone, lotsa firsts w/ this thing. First bike,tbs,oil changes,crash, repair,spark plug change, etc not to mention farkling! Haven't ridden since May 5th, before that March 15th(wipeout day). It's been a bad year for me so far, but they happen in 3's right so I'm done for the year, I hope.