Dual-Sport Gathering -- anybody going?

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Anybody planning on going to this Horizon’s Unlimited gathering on the California Lost Coast on August 19-22?

https://www.horizonsunlimited.com/meetings/California2010.php

Sounds like fun with camping and many motos. Speakers include Ted Simon of Jupiters Travels fame, and topics include traveling in Mexico, changing a dual-sport tire, off-road motorcycle repair, how to travel around the world on a motorcycle, a ride report from a guy who rode around the world on a V-Strom in 6 months, how to handle medical emergencies on a motorcycle trip, Body mechanics of riding with less strain, A ride report through the Sahara, Off-pavement photography tips, and more.

I went to this event last year. It was great. The people who showed up were absolutely unique and the various seminars were outstanding. The catered meals were also excellent.

Anybody planning on going to this Horizon’s Unlimited gathering on the California Lost Coast on August 19-22?
https://www.horizonsunlimited.com/meetings/California2010.php

Sounds like fun with camping and many motos. Speakers include Ted Simon of Jupiters Travels fame, and topics include traveling in Mexico, changing a dual-sport tire, off-road motorcycle repair, how to travel around the world on a motorcycle, a ride report from a guy who rode around the world on a V-Strom in 6 months, how to handle medical emergencies on a motorcycle trip, Body mechanics of riding with less strain, A ride report through the Sahara, Off-pavement photography tips, and more.

I went to this event last year. It was great. The people who showed up were absolutely unique and the various seminars were outstanding. The catered meals were also excellent.

Good to know! I've signed up. There are more than 1/2 dozen guys on ADVrider.com planning on going. I was hoping a couple FJR riders may make it. I'm glad to hear the food is good, I signed up for that too. One of the guys on ADV gave directions to a remote retired lighthouse on the coast with gorgeous views.

Nah...I just got tired of putting heavy miles on the GS and was worried it may go out. As the GS is my first bike, and its my DREAM bike....I dont ever want to get rid of it. The DR is no highway rider like the GS, so......the FJ succeeded the GS, but wont ever replace it