Earthquake in Pawnee Oklahoma

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

stose85

Reaction score
So I'm working my second job in Cherryvale Kansas and I felt the entire building that I'm in shaking for several seconds. I've been around some small quakes around Miami Oklahoma but nothing this big. The news said that it registered a 5.8 and was centered in Pawnee Oklahoma. Reports of people feeling the tremors from Dallas all the way to Omaha. I've heard that this tied the all-time record for Oklahoma. Quite a ride! After I asked my wife if her and the kiddo were ok, I asked her to go into the garage and check on the FJR
innocent.gif

Funny story.

I'm making passionate love to my wife this morning, like every Saturday morning. (our planned play day)

Phone rings... Ignore.. phftt..don't answer. thrust, thrust, thrust...

Phone rings again...Grrr... Ignore...

3rd time, its like wtf..

Daughter that lives in Norman, OK is thinking the world is ending...

She had a couple stuff fell off the wall. She's back here tonight and feels safe...

smile.png

*edit*

It was felt here by most, but

I was busy...
smile.png

Last edited by a moderator:
Funny story.I'm making passionate love to my wife this morning, like every Saturday morning. (our planned play day)

3rd time, its like wtf..

She had a couple stuff fell off the wall. She's back here tonight and feels safe...

:)

*edit*

I was busy... :)
So it's your fault the earth moved?

Funny story.

I'm making passionate love to my wife this morning, like every Saturday morning. (our planned play day)

3rd time, its like wtf..

smile.png

*edit*

I was busy...
smile.png
So it's your fault the earth moved?
Hell yeah!!

:)

Funny story.I'm making passionate love to my wife this morning, like every Saturday morning. (our planned play day)

3rd time, its like wtf..

smile.png

*edit*

I was busy...
smile.png
That is the most fantastic thing I've read all day! haha

Saw it on the news. To be honest, I didn't know they had them there. Hope all are able to recover.

You saw rushes having sex on the news??

Is this going to be possibly attributed to gas extraction of some sort? (The earthquake, not the sex.)

I thought this was about Parks & Recreation. If you know the show, you get it. I'd have definitely checked on my gun safe and my bikes, after the wife and baby girl, of course.

Maybe that earthquake was a foreshadowing of Texas laughing at #3 Oklahoma football for getting spanked by the University of Houston.

Glad all of you are safe!

Saw it on the news. To be honest, I didn't know they had them there. Hope all are able to recover.
They have had micro-quakess for years. Mom's 85 and went ape about it (mostly because of the news coverage). Down in DFW we didn't notice it (apparently some did over on the Dullest side of town as mentioned above). Those nearest Pawnee saw some damage (fascia on some older buildings for example). Most of my friends in the OKC area were mostly murmuring because it was more unique than an F5e tornado.

She's also persuaded (by talking heads) it's due to fracking when, most likely, it's due to the over use of the different aquifers over the past 100 years; sucking them dry faster than they can replenish and leaving vast caves behind.

Last edited by a moderator:
My BIL lives in Tulsa and he felt it pretty good at his house.

Interestingly enough, just before it hit, his cats freaked out and went running and hid.

My BIL lives in Tulsa and he felt it pretty good at his house.
Interestingly enough, just before it hit, his cats freaked out and went running and hid.
That's what my wife said about the cats as well. The news showed birds blipped the weather map because they moved away from the epicenter in huge flocks.