eBay Seller drpthehammer - Fallen Cycles, Daytona, FL

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

audiowize

Reaction score
In early April 2015, I had a lengthy conversation with Fallen Cycle regarding a used Penske shock that they had off a 2003 FJR with about 45,000 miles on the bike (unknown on the shock). I made a bit of a low-ball offer, but cited the likelihood of the need for a shock rebuild (20,000-ish miles on the stock shock, 20,000-ish miles on the Penske). The seller replied that the shock was in perfect operating order, not leaking, and completely OK to use. He also made some remarks regarding the ridiculous nature of needing to rebuild such a nice shock at all.

I ended up purchasing the shock a few months later, and upon receiving it, there is oil and dirt caked around the piston seal,as well as oil stains on the shock itself. The seller also kinked the reservoir hose during packing.

The seller maintains that the shock left their facility in perfect working order, and that all the oil leaked out (and the dirt caked on) in the box on the way to my front door. I took the shock to GP suspension to confirm my diagnosis, and there was no uncertainty regarding the condition of the part (quite worn out and obviously leaking).

Based on my firsthand experience, I would recommend avoiding this seller, as there is either a lack of honesty or competency on the part of the seller that they seem unwilling to address.