End my vacation early?

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

agrats84

Reaction score
I ordered a PCIII while away on vacation and my neighbor said it arrived this afternoon and is holding it in his custody. I have been anticipating this day for a very long time ( :yahoo: ) and was wondering if it was worth it to cut my vacation short a day to go home and play? Also, could anyone offer any more experience using the combined calculated smoothness map for a stock gen II bike?

decisions decisions...

Keep twisting that throttle! That will be one day of no riding that you can never get back!!

Riding: First! Farkle Installation: Second. :clapping:

Dude...Stay on vacation. The PCIII will be there (most likely :rolleyes: )when you get home.

Mine arrived yesterday. Was anxious to get it installed this afternoon. But by the time I could get to it, it was after dinner and then it took me 3 MF'ing hours to get the hex socket button bolts that are visible at the front of the tank out :dribble: The hex on the original cheap soft metal ones were stripped by the dealer when they replaced the ignition switch. They replaced them with like quality bolts. So I spent most of that three hours running around looking for extractor tools. Finally found the right one - The Grabit #3 did the trick :clapping: So by the time I finally got the second one out, I felt like sitting down to have a cigar. :cigar: So the PCIII will have to wait until tomorrow.

This topic has a lot of great info on maps. UP has put some time into this. You'll find plenty of info here to make your head spin and lead you in many, many more directions. :dribble:

Enjoy...

BTW. If you need to replace the bolts, they're M6

Tough call. If you have good roads at home and can get a fun day of riding WITH the PCIII it might be worth it. I am a new PCIII user and was blown away by the improvement. I've been running the Power Commander map or UslessPickles GenII calculated map.

All that said, stay out and enjoy yourself you'll get plenty of miles with PCIII when you get back.