Error code 30

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

mattster31

Reaction score
Some of you might remember my post and photos last fall when I stripped the bike down to the bare frame (I was bored, and yes Canadian winters suck!!). I thought it would be easier to check the valves and replace the CCT...........clean and lube.....everything...etc...

Anyhooo, I began reassembly and got to the point last night where I could actually start it.....albeit still looking like a stripped down bike (just in case something was amiss, leaking, or I F*D up the timing).

So I throw the battery in....needles jump...this is good I think. I push the starter......engine turns over but no firing up....???Hmmmm, I think. I try again but this time I notice the fuel pump is not priming, and I see a code 30 on the screen. I follow the instructions to reset the values, and it's still showing a code 30. I stood there dumbfounded for a minute or two, I look at the connections again. Then I go right to the particular sensor that is in question (for overturned motorcycle) and what do I find???????

I reinstalled it upside down................. :dribble: :dribble:

Runs fine now :)

Last edited by a moderator:
Well... At least ya know it works Dufus :lol:

I can see how it could be installed wrong way up though.

I think the reasoning is in places like Australia where they are south of the equator, everything is upside down ya know..

alternatively, you could've just turned the motorcycle upside down so it would work.

Had you commented on your trouble without the answer, I would have been able to help. Been there, done that.