Error Code 48 and my thanks

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

BigSTom

Reaction score
I've spent most of the last week here on the tech pages, I think I found what I need. My riding buddy and computer hater has an '06 AE with idle and error code problems.

I'm not sure what he is going to do with his bike. Probably take it to a tech (aot me, a mech:)) for repair. Unless someone here would like to pitch an offer on a possibly wounded 17,000mi AE.

Anyway, that has nothing to do with the real reason for my post. Thanks to you all for all the information that you post and share here. By simply studying your site I could find what I need to find and what my buddy needs to know to make informed decisions on his MC. Priceless.

Thanks for this site, and for the work and input you all do.

Tell us more about the sickness this bike is suffering from. If we can't figure it out, at least we can have some fun discussing it.

Is he suffering from the increased idle that won't go down with the idle adjustment screw?

Last edited by a moderator:
Yep, intermitent idle problems, error code 48. 17,000mi on an '06 AE.

So, he traded his AE for a Goldwing yesterday. He says he is finally old enough for a wing. 75.

We went for a ride yesterday, he rode his 1200 Bandit. The wing joins it, a Honda Ascot 500 (single) and a Hyabusa in his stable. Will be his first no FJR stretch since '04 (He owned an ST for about 12,000mi. One summer) and this was his 4th.

We should all be riding like he does at 75.

Reviving this thread due to recent experience. I got this code on an 09 AEY with 55 miles on it. I backed off the idle adjustment a few turn and it hasn't shown it since. It was as if the bike didn't know to go into low idle. Pulling up to a stop sign slowly did it to me twice. Luckily both times were in my neighborhood.