Exhaust?

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

daddyg

Reaction score
Anyone know if a 2005 after market exhaust will fit a 2009 ? My guess is the only diffrance is the mid pipe length. Couldn't find it through the search. Thanks.

There are some posts about this. IIRC, the area where the strap holds the can is the only real difference.

Check to be sure. ;)

Last edited by a moderator:
Anyone know if a 2005 after market exhaust will fit a 2009 ? My guess is the only diffrance is the mid pipe length. Couldn't find it through the search. Thanks.

I know that Gen1 muzzy cans fit a 2007AE no problem. Sound good too!!
Thanks. That opens it up to the used or old stock market. The cost is way less.

Well I just bought a set of Muzzys off of E-Bay for 275 bucks said they fit a 03-05 . Hope they work for me on my 09.

Well I just bought a set of Muzzys off of E-Bay for 275 bucks said they fit a 03-05 . Hope they work for me on my 09.
And I thought I did well at $340 for a new set earlier this spring. Same thing on ebay, mine actually came from Muzzy.

The Gen I Muzzy Full exhaust fits GEN II bikes. I have one on my '06 that I put on in March.

Brian

QUOTE (Big-B @ Jul 21 2010, 08:49 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
And I thought I did well at $340 for a new set earlier this spring. Same thing on ebay, mine actually came from Muzzy.

The Gen I Muzzy Full exhaust fits GEN II bikes. I have one on my '06 that I put on in March.

Brian

I just got the slip-ons .

+1 they fit no problem. If you want exhaust dont pass those deals up. I love the sound!!! I got Titanium can for 350. Cant beat that!!!

Brian

and do they fit ok and do they sound good?

Brian

They wont be here till Monday I put them on then or Tuesday Ill be sure to let ya know. Im crossing my fingers.

Brian

They wont be here till Monday I put them on then or Tuesday Ill be sure to let ya know. Im crossing my fingers.
Got them in today. So after work I went out and I'm having a hard time with the old gaskets. So I may have to order a new set. But I put the new pipe on the left side and it looks like it will fit fine,just moved the middle strap up about a 1/4 inch or so. I sure the stealer won't have them in stock. Might have to order them . I'll update the few that want to know , when I get them on and going. I seen some more on eBay if someone wants to get a deal. DK is selling them .

Had fun trying to line up the left side on the mid pipe where the center stand hits the pipe, but I got it last night. I rode it to work today and it runs and sounds great. So the answer is they fit and it was the best deal I've ever gotten . 275 bucks for some slip ons Muzzy sales for over a 1,000 bucks. I feeling pretty good about it. I try and post some pics later tonight.

Had fun trying to line up the left side on the mid pipe where the center stand hits the pipe, but I got it last night. I rode it to work today and it runs and sounds great. So the answer is they fit and it was the best deal I've ever gotten . 275 bucks for some slip ons Muzzy sales for over a 1,000 bucks. I feeling pretty good about it. I try and post some pics later tonight.
cool, glad they worked for you. i ordered the titanium mufflers from there but had to pay a bit more as someone else was biding on them as well.

did you sort the seal problem? if you found a way round the seal problem i would like to know. mine will a bit longer to get to me seeing as i live in new zealand

cool, glad they worked for you. i ordered the titanium mufflers from there but had to pay a bit more as someone else was biding on them as well.

did you sort the seal problem? if you found a way round the seal problem i would like to know. mine will a bit longer to get to me seeing as i live in new zealand
I had to take my time useing a knife to get one gasket out of the old pipe and the other pipe the gasket came out when I took it off. I had to mount the left pipe on the inside of the hanger bracket, to make it where the center stand wouldn't hit the mid pipe. Looks good. Runs good also.

I had to take my time useing a knife to get one gasket out of the old pipe and the other pipe the gasket came out when I took it off. I had to mount the left pipe on the inside of the hanger bracket, to make it where the center stand wouldn't hit the mid pipe. Looks good. Runs good also.
all fitted up, but i have mounted to the out side of the hangers ( the moveable strap ) as i think if i hit a real bad bump in the road the pipes could well come in contact with the swing arm on the right and the rear hub bolt on the left, centre stand is perfect fit on the stopper on the link pipe.

sound is great, marginally noisey but i like it. thanks for your help daddyg.

Last edited by a moderator: