Extended Service Contract

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

rodez

Reaction score
Does anyone know anything about Western Service Contract Corp. I,m thinking about getting an extended service contract with them and would like to know how they compare to Y.E.S. All I know right now is what the dealer tells me... <_<

Thanks.

Never heard of them....I would stick w/Yamaha. (3) times in the past I bought extended warranties on cars that (of course) the salesmen touted as pure gold. When it came time to use one, they wanted to put used parts on my wife's Honda, because, hey, the part that came off of it was now used, right?

In the second case, the warranty didn't cover any electrical parts; you guessed it, had to pay for a new power mirror switch myself on a Toyota.

And lastly: Had a master cylinder go out on a Mazda, 4 years into my 5 year contract...went to the dealer...so sorry, that company is out of business now....

If you simply GOOGLE the name of the company you can find out a lot. In this case, if the name you typed is correct there is NOTHING on the net about that company.

If you aren't in Florida and your factory warranty is still in effect, just get the YES from D&H in Alabama.

I purchased a truck in Texas with an extended service contract and I live in California. Even though I was able to get items covered, they paid the Texas hourly mechanic rate which is about $30.00 less than California so I had to pay the difference. Be careful about buying a contract from an outside source, I doubt it will cover everything the YES will cover. Also, the dealer must be getting a kick back in order to be pushing a non-Yamaha service contract.

If its money you are trying to save, you can but a YES from any dealer in the country. I bought mine from D&H Cycle in Alabama (800-553-3311) $389.00/4yr contract. That was a year ago, not sure what they cost now.

Thank you guys... Western Service Contract Corp. is part of Pacific Specialty Insurance Company based here in California and is affiliated to The McGrow Group. The company has an A (Excellent) rating by Best, The Insurance Information Source... does all this mean anything for you or should I still stick to YES?

Thank you all again!... :)

Y.E.S. is better for your resale if you ever sell the bike while still covered. The other warranty is touted by the Dealer because the dealer gets a bigger cut of the action than with the factory warranty. My buddy that works as a service writer for the dealership in Roseville, ca, has had positive interaction with the YES program.

TNX Motogod... appreciate finding you posted the # and I will be calling them for a Y.E.S. Price is right there... :)

:clap: Hey, yes all that insurancce number talk means some thing and yea i know what it is, but I can't tell yet. My 05 fjr is insured through them they are agood company but i would not buy a service contract through them, after all they are in the business of making money not fixing bikes. Please listen too the advice that all the other riders gave and buy a Y E S contract. I will be geting my pretty soon as i have a ways to go good luck :alien: :alien: :alien: