• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to FJRForum and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member or just click here to donate.

F/S Mint 01 FZ1

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

150Fuelie

Reaction score
I wish I had the time for three bikes but rarley have time for one. So two are going. One is 99% sold 1984 Honda V65 Sabre. 100% stock and in awesome shape for being 28 years old. Buyer is shelling out $2,500 and I have a $500 dep.

Next; 2001 Yamaha FZ1. I picked this up late winter from an airline pilot that had just equipped her with new tires,DID Gold Chain, sprockets, battery, oil and coolant. Accesories include SS Radiator guard, Chin fairing, polished chain guard, MRA tinted shield, throttlemeisters (heavy), Micron Color matched slip on and Ivans jet kit installed by Ivan himself. I paid $3,800, make me an offer. Very strong, light and nimble bike.

She has 18,000 miles but I can assure you she looks mint. Kept in his heated garage.

I have a few pictures of her next to my FJR:

https://s146.photobucket.com/albums/r260/dgreketis/

That sabre was tough to sell. Not for a lack of buyers, but a lack of will on my part. Truth be told, I bought it last fall for a buddy who didn't have the cash but wanted it bad. Yes, I have had posession of it since then and ridden it a few times. He has another few weeks to come up with the remainder of the cash or I will probably just keep it. That bike has the most awesome seating position. And the engine is to die for.

That sabre was tough to sell. Not for a lack of buyers, but a lack of will on my part. Truth be told, I bought it last fall for a buddy who didn't have the cash but wanted it bad. Yes, I have had posession of it since then and ridden it a few times. He has another few weeks to come up with the remainder of the cash or I will probably just keep it. That bike has the most awesome seating position. And the engine is to die for.
Maybe so, but let's face it, you'd really rather see it go to a good home where it will be fawned over and rubbed down every night than spend a lonely summer in your garage. Right?