Final drive gear oil capicity

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
That's prolly sweat. IIRC, that was in Sept. - it was like 100 or something.... in the shade.

Of course I'm not opposed to the good luck method. We've pretty much established my track record with the "skill" method....

Hey - I might not know what he heck I'm doing, but I sure look pretty good doing it!!
Uh, no you don't.

FWIW, after years of changing the lower unit oil in outboard motors I feel compelled to fill my final drive from the bottom hole. Try it, take pics or a video. Post it for us.
rolleyes.gif

... I feel compelled to fill my final drive from the bottom hole. ...
I suppose you're one of those guys who gets the last drops of oil out by picking the bike up, turning it upside down, and shaking it.
No sir. I have my wife do that. I tell Mrs. Redfish there is a large pizza hidden under the motorcycle and she turns it over for me.
smile.png

I always figure that since the oil that was already in there was good enough to get the bike to that point... The fresh, clean oil should easily dilute whatever nastiness remains. Whether I am right or wrong only time will tell. This 2015 is sitting on 16,800 miles right now. I may not be able to wear it out but I will do my best to insure it is not collecting dust in the garage.

Redfish Hunter posted: <snip> I always figure that since the oil that was already in there was good enough to get the bike to that point... The fresh, clean oil should easily dilute whatever nastiness remains.
Sounds like the mighty fine US Navy rationale for pumping stuff over the side and into the ocean: "The solution to pollution is dilution."