FJR Fellows Stopped By.......

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

HondaCBX6

Reaction score
Saturday I was bumming around. I had been rebuilding a new (old) ceramic 40.000 btu radient heater for the garage. Not what I wanted to do but my plans for the day were messed up. My family moved the family reunion from Saturday to Sunday there by f-n up the entire weekend..... Anyway I got a call from Dana and Brian. Two '05 owners who were galavanting around Minnesota. (what I should have been doing) And they wondered if they could stop by. I said SURE! They stopped by for more than an hour cooling off and BSing. Talking a lot about another fellow FJR owner who was rear ended by a 19 year old who was distracted! (blond BTW) His bike will more than likely be totalled with almost $9,000 worth of damage.

Both Brian and Dana were good to see and it inspired me.....er my wife......to ditch the kids and go for a ride our selves. We headed out for to Stillwater. Taking the long way. I headed for each and every road with curves I could find. It took us nearly an hour to go what normally takes 30 minutes. We ended up on HWY96 out of White Bear Lake. A twisty road (for Minnesota) but has a 40-50MPH limit for the most part. Anyway there was two sport bikes and a harley in front. All following grandma! Well at the first chance I had I bolted by all three. Then the old lady in a Pacer. By now I am going a litltle oiver the limit. But I notice that sportbike one and two descided to keep up. Playtime! :lol: Needless to say the last three miles were fun for me! (not sure about Patty but she didn't complain too much) :D The real fun was getting that second gear wheelie pulling away from the boys!

I had a great day after all! Thanks for stopping by guys. All we needed was a little encouragement.

BTW I saw someone up near Cambrige, MN this afternoon on a new looking '05 with a matching Yamaha topbox. Also saw an '03 with a Yamaha box also north of Forest Lake. Black jacket with a silver/black helmet. These are popular bikes, eh? :p

John

Amazing..... I managed to inspire someone to do something other then sit in front of the TV..... :D

Brian and I had a great day. We managed to ride a couple of Buells (Lighting and the new Ulyesses) without having to buy them. Talked at length with an Ironbutt finisher (Brett Donahue). He had some great stories. Then we managed to find a good place to eat. Couldn't get the waitress to go for a ride with me though. (Must be really ugly). We then found a couple of curvy roads north of the twin cities, which is pretty hard. It was really hot and humid so we stopped by John's (HondaCBX6) and drank all of his cold water from the fridge, and BS'ed for about an hour and half.

Thanks for the water John and thanks Brian for riding along. It was a great Saturday....

Dana

-that's what its all about! I can just picture such a road now....well, gotta go...its contagious!

and @ opt8low, I read:

Couldn't get the waitress to go for a ride with me though. (Must be really ugly).
:lol:

Maybe if you had the looks of this guy : :bubba:

I headed for each and every road with curves I could find. It took us nearly an hour to go what normally takes 30 minutes.A twisty road (for Minnesota).
Ahhh, Gotta love those Missouri roads! ;)

Come on down to "our Playground" sometime! Smitty knows all the north roads and i know alot of south west roads that are a blast!

nusman68,

If I looked like that it could have been my lucky day..... :rolleyes:

I guess nowadays that if you are loosing a little hair and don't have a whole bunch of money, that the chicks just don't come on to you like they used to..... :blink:

At least I still have a relationship with my first love.... My FJR.

Dana