FJR fuses

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Gary F

Reaction score
Ok people I could use help. The power outlet on my 2008 FJR quit working when I plugged a heated vest in this past winter. Now I have to go get the bike in Phoenix and without the manual in my hands I would like to know where the fuse is located and what type of fuse ( size ) I require. My ride will head through California and up the coast of Oregon and Washington and back to Alberta. Any thoughts on the route would be welcome. Thanks Gary.

Well, first off that circuit won't carry a heated vest. Oh, you already figured that out, I see.

It's a 3-amp fuse, IIRC. The fuses are under the panel on the left side closest to the tank. (Woops! Didn't even see the model year! Sorry!) They're small blade fuses.

Damn, what a Friday post this coulda been!!! :D

Last edited by a moderator:
You can download the Owner's Manual from the Yamaha site.

https://www.yamaha-motor.com/sport/service/...rt_manuals.aspx

The fuses are on the right side just behind the battery in front of the fuel tank. The accessory power plug is powered from a 3 amp fuse in the fuse box adjacent to the battery's negative post.

Beginning with the '06 model the fuses were relocated from the left side to the right side near the battery.

Last edited by a moderator: