FJR rates favorable with State farm

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

GA CYCLE RIDER

Reaction score
Just received my semi annual renewal from State farm. My premiums were dropped on all coverages. State farm says that lower claims experiance have allowed reduction in cost on comprehensive, collision and bodily injury coverages. Must mean we are all riding a little safer out there.

I also have to admit that I see very few young guys on FJR's. Most of the time they have both wheels on the ground.

Good news for all of the owners out there.

+1 for State Farm, They're my chioce too, now I'll be hoping for a rate drop also

Last edited by a moderator:
I am still with State Farm, but after I totaled my first FJR last September they threatened to drop me. It was only when my agent went to bat for me with corporate that they changed their minds on dropping me. I know several other people have had issues with State Farm dropping them after needing to make claims on their bike. Also, they flat out refused to give me a single penny for any of the farkles from the totaled bike. I have since received contradictory information that they should have given me something for the farkles, but at the time I talked to several different people and they all said NO.

I'm also with state farm.

Unless they changed their pricing structures, they have two price tiers - over and under 1000cc.

I think whether they should cover farkles depends on the coverage you buy ... cash value, replacement value, new value, etc. While the wording of the coverage may not be clear, it seems pretty clear to me that what they cover is outlined in the coverage.

Thanks Trigger. I was going to start looking at State Farm until your post. Progressive has treated me VERY well with 3 claims in the last 6 years. No threat of dropping, and automatic coverage of $3,000 worth of farkles. I've never had a problem getting compensated for what I thought I should. My last claim, when my 226,000 mile DOW FJR was totaled? I was almost embarrassed at how much they gave me for that bike.

I am still with State Farm, but after I totaled my first FJR last September they threatened to drop me. I know several other people have had issues with State Farm dropping them after needing to make claims on their bike.
It's been rumored, for quite some time, that SF would like to divest itself from motorcycles -- too costly. It's been said that they keep doing it because long-term customers continue to want it.

But, if they were to start with a 'clean sheet' -- ???

It was only when my agent went to bat for me with corporate that they changed their minds on dropping me.
SF is considered, generally, to have GREAT agents -- for the most part and in lots of places.

...Progressive has treated me VERY well with 3 claims in the last 6 years. I was almost embarrassed at how much they gave me for that bike.
One of the problems with the INsurance scheme is some folks take advantage and "game the system".

It was conceived as a protection/shield against unforseen/emegency events -- not an income provider... :blink:

One of the problems with the INsurance scheme is some folks take advantage and "game the system".

It was conceived as a protection/shield against unforseen/emegency events -- not an income provider... :blink:
Fuck you. I did not take advantage of my insurance company nor try to 'game' them. I made a claim and they payed out. It's that freaking simple. They had an adjuster come look at the bike and he even wrote down the odometer reading.

I've been told that as long as I had the receipts for things on the bike I would be reimbursed. I might check with them again, and ask them to point to that specific coverage of my policy. I've been happy with State Farm for years.

In my area State Farm cost was far too prohibitive for the bike even tho I already have SF insurance on 2 vehicles and my house, and have been a customer of theirs for 20+ yrs.

In my area State Farm cost was far too prohibitive for the bike even tho I already have SF insurance on 2 vehicles and my house, and have been a customer of theirs for 20+ yrs.
This is almost my exact condition too; two years ago I switched to Progressive (and haven't looked back; though my cars and house remain under State Farm). It was also my understanding that State Farm really doesn't embrace the motorcycling community.

Same here.

This is almost my exact condition too; two years ago I switched to Progressive (and haven't looked back; though my cars and house remain under State Farm). It was also my understanding that State Farm really doesn't embrace the motorcycling community.
Again, the same here; 3 bikes (2008 FJR, and 2 ZRX's) are covered at Progressive for less than the cost of one at State Farm, Progressive even allows a discount for bring a Home owner, with SF covering the house.

Thanks Trigger. I was going to start looking at State Farm until your post. Progressive has treated me VERY well with 3 claims in the last 6 years. No threat of dropping, and automatic coverage of $3,000 worth of farkles. I've never had a problem getting compensated for what I thought I should. My last claim, when my 226,000 mile DOW FJR was totaled? I was almost embarrassed at how much they gave me for that bike.
Good stuff to hear, I've had my bikes insured by Progressive since 2001 and love their prices vs coverage.

I've been with State Farm since my parents went to them when I was around 16 or 17. The shared policies eventually turned into owned policies.

They have our house, camper, cars and bikes as well as a couple rider policies. I do not fool myself into thinking they are the cheapest, but I have never had a problem with them.

The only insurance claim I made with them for my bike was when either the wind, or a neighborhood kid pushed my bike off the sidestand in the driveway. The right side was rashed up good, and it damaged my helmet that was hanging on my bars.

The adjuster came to my house and wrote me a check for everything, including the helmet. Apparently we have been with SF for so long that we cannot be dropped.

My bike is with Progressive while my car and house is with State Farm. My SF agent hinted that I was probably doing the best thing with that arrangement. :D

I may check into State farm after reading this thread and I also have a friend that says they are good to him. Right now we are with Gieco, thats who we have had our cars with for years. I get a good rate for the Fjr, but the FZ6R is where they have me a little rashed. I understand its going to be higher because of what it is but, TWICE what the Fjr is? :angry03: May have to do some price shopping.

Mike

I am still with State Farm, but after I totaled my first FJR last September they threatened to drop me. It was only when my agent went to bat for me with corporate that they changed their minds on dropping me. I know several other people have had issues with State Farm dropping them after needing to make claims on their bike. Also, they flat out refused to give me a single penny for any of the farkles from the totaled bike. I have since received contradictory information that they should have given me something for the farkles, but at the time I talked to several different people and they all said NO.
+1 I have been with State Farm for over 25 Years. Daughter is up in Washington state going to UW. She rear ended someone. She had a previous dent in her left fender from hitting a post up at NAU last year and just lived with the dent. Now her drivers door doesn't open right and they say it was the previous fender damage that is causing that. So they wont touch anything on that side of the car unless we file another claim ($500 deductible). Nothing but a hassle dealing with the claims adjusters up there. My Agent here was no help at all. Said they had no pull with the adjusters. I am going to get a quote from USAA. I hear good things about them. Were just small fish I guess. I have our house, 2 rental houses, 3 cars, the FJR, travel trailer and four ATV/UTV's insured with them.

I have my autos with SF but dropped the bikes coverage years ago because they dropped my roadside coverage and jacked the bikes rates. My agent came out and said they don't like bikes and that didn't sit well with me.

We now cover the bikes with Geico for the last couple years and have good coverage at a good rate. We switched from Progressive becaue their rates went up and the coverages went down. I have found it matters where you live regarding pricing.

Anyway, the main reason I felt on posting up here is since becoming an AMA member with auto-renewal, I now have great supplemental roadside coverage not only on my bikes but on our autos as well that works great! AMA rocks!! And the money goes to those who are fighting for us riders. PM. ;)