FJR Streetfighter?!

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I like it, but I wonder how much it weighs. It's still no streetfighter.
Huh? Yes it is. Look at it. It's a street fighter alright. It just fights in the Super Heavyweight Division.

Haha...I actually have no idea. Is a street fighter when they take the fairings and shit off an otherwise normal sport bike? Either way, it's kind of cool, but a lot of ugly. Not for me, but I'm glad not everyone is like me. That would be WAY too many assholes!
^^^
lol.gif

As AJ said, it's a heavyweight streetfighter.

You know it's kinda funny how Yamaha can take the same engine, from FZ-07 or the FZ-09, and come up with several different variations of essentially the same platform and everyone goes Oh and Ah over it. But heaven forbid someone comes up with a, how shall I put it, an "unsanctioned" version of the FJR, and immediately the vast majority slams it as though it's sacrareligious to try it. No Biggie really. Not everyone likes a yellow-n-black FJR either. To each their own I guess.

Mostly what I like about it is the craftsmanship that went into it. To me it doesn't look like an aborted attempt at transforming an FJR cuz' he was too cheap to buy new plastics. lol Heck it looks more like it cost him a heckuva lot more to have done this project. The guy has some awesome skills if you ask me. But again, I think he could have done something a little different with the exhaust. Loud pipes do not define the bike.

Just my .02 worth.

Last edited by a moderator:
The front of the frame on the FJR is too big and just doesn't look right painted silver. They should have painted the whole thing black. It probably would look a lot better.

The front of the frame on the FJR is too big and just doesn't look right painted silver. They should have painted the whole thing black. It probably would look a lot better.
Then it would look like a black turd instead of a normal ol' piece of shit. What's the diff?

Mostly what I like about it is the craftsmanship that went into it. To me it doesn't look like an aborted attempt at transforming an FJR cuz' he was too cheap to buy new plastics. lol Heck it looks more like it cost him a heckuva lot more to have done this project. The guy has some awesome skills if you ask me.

I don't know about everyone else but my original comments about wreck-prone people that are also to cheap to fix their fuckups made sure to contrast that to the specific example of the one you showed where they went to a lot of work to try and turn a heavy sport-touring bike into a super-heavy street fighter for more $ than a new, lighter, street fighter would have cost.

I actually like the Monster and Street Triple. When my SiL got a Daytona 600, I tried to stear him to a Street Triple instead (less fairing to mess up as a new rider). Sure enough, he went down shortly after getting it (low speed gravel drop) and to this day rides around with scuffed fairings.

Last edited by a moderator: