• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to FJRForum and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member or just click here to donate.

FS Gen I Russell day long

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

PJ4863

Reaction score
Ok, don't hate me, but I'm selling my RDL. I bought it used from another member, had it on the bike for awhile and decided it wasn't for me.

Fits Gen 1, covering in excellent conditon. I believe it was originally designed for 210 220 lbs rider. It's just for the front half of the seat. You will still need the passenger seat.

Want a picture? Leave me an email address and i'll email (or text if you want)

Asking what I paid for it, since I barely used it, $250 plus shipping from 11946.

Absolutely. It was more than comfortable but it raised me up in the seat. I couldn't get used to the height change

FWIW-

The RDL will raise the seat position higher

(Most often) it was meant for comfort on the go

With legs up. At a light it may be a bit more stretch.

Consider riding a stock seat locally and the RDL on longer rides.

- meant for seller and possible buyers...

GLWS- great seat IMO

Actually it wasn't the hips down. I felt like I was sitting on top of the bike instead of part of It. I couldn't get used to it. I sent my stocker to Spencer and will be breaking it in shortly. I knew that it would be higher when I bought the RDL but thought it wouldn't be a deal breaker for me

I can vouch that this seat is in lovely condition, and PJ is indeed asking what he paid for it. GLWS.

nevermind....upon searching came across the fact that it wont work on a gen2.

G.L with the sale.

Last edited by a moderator: