FZ1 mirror install on a Gen III Spacer needed?

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Last Chance

Reaction score
I know the answer is somewhere on this site, but I couldn't find it exactly. Putting FZ1 mirrors on a 2013 gen III. Looks simple, did it on my '06.. But, I keep hearing about a "spacer" needed... If so must one make their own or....what? Mirrors will be here this week, I guess if necessary I can just put them on and find out for myself...Any "heads up" would be appreciated.

I'd try a set of Garaulds light mounts. There is just a small gap left between the mirrors rubber boot and the fairing. On my 08 these brackets filled it nicely. Pics of the FZ mirrors on a '13 look like they would work well. Then you have a place for more lights or Baker air wings ;)

hi if you dont need the light brakett , you dont need any spacers , i have them on my 2013 and what a differance they make , why yamaha dont look in to this problem is beond me , ive been told that yamaha make a longer mirror for the police bikes , im looking in to that at the moment

Link

You do not need any extra spacers. You just need to pull the spacer from the original mirror. When you pull the original mirror off, look at the two studs at the base. You should find a black rubber pad. Pull this off and put it on the new mirrors.

Mirrors came today. Thanks for the "heads up" on the spacer...I think the Factory mirrors look better (color matches, etc.), however, after "seeing" the difference on the old '06 nothing can keep me from putting the FZ1 mirrors on my new '13. No comparison IMHO...(As I discovered one dark, rainy morning after "misunderstanding" between me, my FJR and a CHP officer :) I do think the FZ1 mirrors "look" factory, if one doesn't know what "factory" is.