FZ1 OEM mirrors

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I installed the SWMotech Extenders, and also mounted my LR4's to them....
With the shoddy weather round these parts, yesterday was the first chance I got to give them a test....

As stated earlier - they do the job, better then the factory mount, but not as good as the FZ1's that I was used too...

I'm going to keep the FZ1 mirrors from the 05 and maybe get them onto the 15 if the upcoming brackets for the Gen 3 LR4's come to fruition.... though I do like the looks of the painted factory mirrors...

Looking might fine there, Warpdrv.

Last edited by a moderator:
Okay, I think I got it. FZ1 mirrors it is. Maybe Santa will bring them. Thanks all for your helpful comments.
You won't be disappointed.

When I first test-rode an FJR, the ONLY complaint I had was the restricted view in the mirrors.

The FZ1 mirrors on my '03 are perfect.

I installed the SWMotech Extenders, and also mounted my LR4's to them....
Nice job Warpdrv!

You're gonna like the LR4s...take some time aiming them and they throw a great pattern down-range!

--G

Thanks - Had them for a while now..... they are fantastic, and couldn't possibly live without them again.....

Pulled them off the 05, and the FJ1 brackets...... When I pulled the brackets off the 05 to get them off, the rub marks from the rubber of the brackets on the fairing was pretty substantial.... which is one of the reasons I thought I'd try the extenders, the other was as stated, we are waiting on the FZ1 brackets for the Gen 3.....

When I pulled the brackets off the 05 to get them off, the rub marks from the rubber of the brackets on the fairing was pretty substantial.... which is one of the reasons I thought I'd try the extenders, the other was as stated, we are waiting on the FZ1 brackets for the Gen 3.....
Good information, thanks. I have WynPro brackets with LR4s on my '09. Love the looks and nice tight profile...hope the grit hasn't done a number on the fairing paint.

--G

escapefirst - was more of the minute rubbing that did it..... not bad, will likely buff out just fine - which I have to do before I sell it anyways

I really loved that light bracket mirror combo.....

For those who are worried about the bracket causing damage to the paint on the fairings, why not put some clear plastic film on that area prior to installing the brackets?