• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to FJRForum and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member or just click here to donate.

Garmin 590LM Group Buy

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

TomInPA

Reaction score
GPS City is trying to organize a group buy on the ADVforum for the Garmin Zumo 590LM at $549.00. This is a considerable break from the $799.00 retail. Although this is not organized through FJRforum, it is pretty much the same deal. The offer is at this link https://advrider.com/index.php?threads/ram-mount-garmin-discounts.881762/page-30#post-30112947

They are requesting that a PM through ADV, or a phone call to GPS City at 702-990-5600 to show interest in the deal. They are looking for 50 in the group buy.

Good luck, and hope you get the best motorcycle GPS at an amazing price!

EDIT: You can now order online to get this deal. Use coupon code ADVZUMO590LM for $50 off the already discounted price of $599. Go get em.

Last edited by a moderator:
I buy stuff from GPS city but I don't know if you will get 50 forumites to bite. If it is on both forums they may have a chance.

Good luck,

Dave

The 660 was selling in the mid-$300s and was a pretty good deal, but is a discontinued GPS. The 590 handles navigation, traffic, weather, media, phone calls and even TPMS if you want. I did pretty good, but this price would be the lowest I have heard of for a current top-of-the-line GPS. I hope a few of you get to take advantage of it.

The 660 was selling in the mid-$300s and was a pretty good deal, but is a discontinued GPS. The 590 handles navigation, traffic, weather, media, phone calls and even TPMS if you want. I did pretty good, but this price would be the lowest I have heard of for a current top-of-the-line GPS. I hope a few of you get to take advantage of it.
It's a good price Tom. Thanks for posting!

Agreed, that is the best price for the 590LM anywhere. If you are in the market I suggest you jump on it.

Dave

Argh, I just bought a 660.
sad.png
Yup, me too.... just could not pull the trigger for the price of the 590. :eek:

As much as that is a fantastic price - I'll stick to my trusty ol 550 that I snatched off of craigslist for $100.

I really mainly use my google maps on my phone, but having a backup GPS and a birds eye view of all the twisty roads in the immediate area on the 550 makes for a great combo..... I honestly feel that google gives better directions and has better traffic guidance and a view on traffic flow with their computer heuristics, but alas thats a whole other conversation.

Really glad I had Fred talk me into it.....

Good luck to those that are in for one...... Hope there are enough bites.

Now if I could get in on a group buy on a nice chartplotter / fish / depth unit for my new whaler - I'd be all over it.... :)

Just picked up a 590LM from GPSCity for $549, including all mounting hardware, cables, battery pack, for both car and MC. When I called them, the rep I had could not find a reference to this group buy, but when pushed on price, he gave it to me for the $549 price. The initial quote he gave me was $599. Looking forward to the updated maps, over my very old Garmin Nuvi - happy roads ahead!

Word has come through the deal is on! Use coupon code ADVZUMO590LM for $50 off. This should work for online orders.

Wow, if this had been next month might have gotten one but a Good Deal.