• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to FJRForum and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member or just click here to donate.

GP Suspension 11TH Annual FJR Forum Group Buy

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

GP Suspension

Reaction score
GP SUSPENSION 11TH ANNUAL FJR FORUM GROUP BUY

11/04/2016 through 12/31/2016

We are Back by popular demand with, GP Suspension's 11th annual FJR Forum group buy. GP Suspension has been committed to providing superior motorcycle suspension products and unsurpassed customer service since 2002. All products are manufactured, and USA assembled in-house to ensure consistent quality and fast delivery. GP Suspension products are rigorously tested at the racetrack by Class leading club racers and top Professional motorcycle road race teams aiding in constant refinement to ensure that performance exceeds all expectations and continues the history of winning Club and class championships across the United States. GP Suspension currently offers a full line of fork valve kits, shock valve kits, compression needles, rebound needles, fork and shocks springs, suspension tools, suspension service and the Daytona 200 Pole winning GP Suspension 25mm cartridge kit.

We are offering 15% off all products and services, from now until the end of 2016. For all FJR, Forum Group Members.

This offer is not limited to specific motorcycle makes nor models.

FORK SERVICE WITH FORK SPRINGS AND FORK SPRING BUFFERS UPGRADE:

The fork springs that come in the FJR1300 from the factory are overly soft. After riding on a well sorted and sprung suspension, the difference between an under sprung bike, and a bike that is sprung for its load is very recognizable. The difference in feel is instantly noticeable, particularly how your bike will not experience uncontrolled dive, nor suddenly tuck the front tire on the front brakes. A spring upgrade is the basis for all future suspension upgrades. Additionally, we offer fork spring buffers to ensure that your springs stay in place. As opposed to the OEM set up where the springs rub on the sides of your fork tubes creating a thick graphite colored goo out of your fork oil. This will extend service life of your suspension as well as keep your springs oriented correctly in your tubes.

A typical fork service with fork springs is broken down this way:

Fork Service Labor: 190.00

FO 5WT 2 legs: 27.90

Oil Seals (OEM) 2 fork seals: 22.46

Dust Seals (OEM) 2 dust seals: 23.00

Bushing Set (OEM) 2 bushings: 23.78

Bushing Set (OEM) 2 bushings: 21.48

Fork Spring Buffers - 2 buffers: 19.50

Fork Springs Rated for Weight - 2 springs: 110.00

Chemical/Waste per component set: 6.00 (IE. 6.00 per set of forks, and 6.00 per shock)

Retail: $444.12 --- With FJR Group Buy pricing this comes to 377.50 (Pricing does not include taxes, or shipping)

FORK SERVICE WITH RE-VALVE UPGRADE:

The valve (hydraulic portion of the fork) system that comes with your forks, from the factory, leaves much to be desired. The OEM valve system uses crude orifice dampening to control the up and down motion of your forks. This translates to a jarring of the handlebars over road irregularities, loss of traction, and overall suspension non-compliance.

Our GP Suspension 20MM re-valve kit replaces these, orifice pistons, with true hydraulic valves. Included in the kit is a new 20mm compression piston and holder. Machined to precision tolerances with custom shim stacks based on rider weight and preference, a new rebound piston and holder with custom shim stacks, a check plate system engineered to aid in fluid control, and a new rebound needle that allows a finer range of adjustments.

All of this creates a far more compliant, controlled and comfortable ride. Your FJR's improved hydraulic function will reduce fatigue, increase riding time and absorb road damage.

A typical re-valve + service is broken down this way:

Fork Service + Re-valve labor (2.25 hours): 213.75

Oil Seals (OEM) 2 fork seals: 22.46

Dust Seals (OEM) 2 dust seals: 23.00

Fork Spring Buffers - 2 buffers: 19.50

Fork Springs Rated for Weight - 2 springs: 110.00

GP Suspension Re-valve kit: 340.00

Chemical/Waste per component set: 6.00 (IE. 6.00 per set of forks, and 6.00 per shock)

Retail: 807.87 with FJR Group Buy pricing this comes to 686.68 (Pricing does not include taxes, or shipping)

FORK SERVICE WITH CARTRIDGE KIT INSTALL:

It is a common misconception, that just because you are not pushing your suspension to the limit, that you do not need the best upgrades available. This does not mean you will not fully appreciate the difference between valve upgrade, and a full system upgrade. Our cartridge kit upgrade replaces your entire fork system, caps down, with a 25MM Daytona 200 Pole winning cartridge assembly. The only thing that your forks will retain are the outer and inner tubes. Your adjustments for compression, rebound, and preload will be on your new caps. We have spent countless hours on the research and development of this kit and we know that you will agree. It is the ultimate upgrade for your ride. Quality suspension equals reliable traction. With increased suspension feel, OEM questionable front end feel will be eliminated and you'll be able to focus on your FJR's front end. More front end feel equates to a more planted front end and a super fun ride! Transitions will be seamless, as our cartridge system absorbs every irregularity, giving you superior control versus the OEM setup.

Every kit is built to order and our work will reflect the riding style of its owner; whether it be commuting, touring, or beating your riding companions down a canyon road. Whatever your prerogative, we will ensure you are happy with your purchases. In fact, we guarantee it. Pictured below is a cut away of our 25MM cartridge kit.

A typical cartridge install + service is broken down this way:

Cartridge install labor (2 hours): 190.00

Oil Seals(OEM) 2 fork seals: 22.46

Dust Seals(OEM) 2 dust seals: 23.00

GP Suspension 25mm Cartridge Kit: 1299.00

Fork Springs Rated for Weight - 2 springs: Free with Cartridge kit

Retail: 1613.62 With FJR Group Buy pricing this comes to 1371.577 (Pricing does not include taxes, or shipping)

We Guarantee it!

GP Suspension guarantees you will love your GP Suspension products or your money back. For up to 90 days after purchase (install), GP Suspension will honor a no hassle return policy for any GP Suspension Branded products purchased on the FJR forum group buy. We are so confident in our products and their pivotal role in your riding, we want you to feel the same. Your satisfaction makes us proud to be back with the FJR forum for the 11th year running!

SHOCK OPTIONS

The FJR shock that comes from factory is non-adjustable, non-rebuildable, under sprung, under dampened, and overall functions very poorly. Replace your shock with one of these options to increase compliancy, rideability, comfort, and performance.

PENSKE

All PENSKE shocks are custom built after time of order. the turnaround time is no later than 2 weeks and 3 days from the time of order, to your doorstep. We work with PENSKE to ensure that your shock is sprung, and valved to reflect your weight, and riding preferences.

PS-8900E

This is an emulsion (Oil and nitrogen combined) style shock with adjustments for rebound, preload, and ride height. Retail: 695.00 - FJR forum pricing: 590.75 (Does not include taxes, or shipping). All Models

PS-8983

This is a remote reservoir (Oil, and nitrogen separate to allow better use of hydraulics) style shock that has adjustments for preload, ride height, rebound, and compression. Retail: 950.00 - FJR forum pricing: 807.50 (Does not include taxes, or shipping). All Models

PS-8987

This is a remote reservoir style shock that has adjustments for preload, ride height, low speed compression, high speed compression, low speed rebound, high speed rebound. Retail 1250.00 - FJR forum pricing 1062.50 (Does not include taxes, or shipping). All Models

OHLINS

We ensure that you get the correct spring for your weight with your Ohlin's shock order. All Ohlin's shocks are no more than 5 days from time of order, to your doorstep.

YA 053

This is 46mm piston, single tube, internal reservoir style shock with adjustments for rebound, and preload. Retail 648.36 – FJR forum pricing: 551.10 (Does not include taxes, or shipping). FJR1300 06-12

YA 707

This is a 46mm piston, Monotube with hose mounted external reservoir, with adjustable compression, rebound, with a hose mounted hydraulic preload adjuster (Very convenient if you travel with alternating loads i.e. 2up, touring etc...) Retail 1,237.91 - FJR forum pricing 1052.22 (Does not include taxes, or shipping). FJR1300 06-12

To get the deal, you can either order off our website, https://www.gpsuspension.com, then use the following code at checkout: FJR11GROUPBUY2016

Or email, [email protected] with your contact information (Name, Shipping address, rider weight & motorcycle usage, phone number, model information, and if you need installation) Please put "FJR FORUM RIDER" in the subject line.

You will then receive an order confirmation, and we will contact you for payment. If you would like to use this discount on a different bike you own, just email us the details and we will get back to you on different upgrade options for that model.

We look forward to perfecting your FJR experience.

GP SUSPENSION USA

Last edited by a moderator:
Calling on the white phone, Clean up crew needed. I count 12 and believe it may be a record.

Happy, Friday

Last edited by a moderator:
Washing bike yesterday and left front fork seal leak. Been putting off for a couple of years. Guess I have to do it this year. Was hoping they would get a group buy again.

Washing bike yesterday and left front fork seal leak. Been putting off for a couple of years. Guess I have to do it this year. Was hoping they would get a group buy again.
Hi There, the 15% off includes all services, including fork services. If you would like us to send you an estimate, shoot us an email, and we will get you taken care of.

I posted this in the other Bike / Bike related under GP has moved and thought I should post it here as well.

Hello all FJR owners,

Sorry It has taken me so me so long to get on the forum and let everyone know that I have been involved with GP Suspension again it's just the move to Socal was more than I expected. I was brought in March 2015 to come in and design new parts and re-design our current product line of suspension parts. As of August 1 2016 Barry and April Wressell with KFG Motorsports are no longer affiliated with GP Suspension outside of being a dealer for us. We were informed of this mid July 2016 and we would need to find a new home for GP Suspension and currently we have been doing some custom work involving Roland Sands Designs so we decided to move to Socal. We have the shop up and running including our in house 2014 DMG Mori NLX2000SY500 multi axis turning center that we make our products on.

I know that there was alot of frustration on how things were managed after I had to step away for a few years, parts not being ordered but payment taken but that management is no longer a affiliated with GP Suspension and I hope we can win your trust back. Stop by and see us at our new location.

Just a FYI to let everyone know we are currently offering our annual group buy. https://www.fjrforum....orum-group-buy/

Thanks all!

Dave Hodges

GP Suspension

805-738-7433 (RIDE)

2041 Cabot Place, Unit F

Oxnard CA 93030

www.gpsuspension.com

Dave, can you describe what can be done with the Gen III front suspension which has dampening only on one leg?

@BigJohn
Cartridge replacement (FJR Similar) with compression in one leg and rebound in the other. All adjustments on the top...it's the berries!

--G
I had a discussion with Barry about the GEN3 forks at Tech day and he claimed that KGH had been able to improve the damping by changing the right fork shim stacks but since KGH was not offering that option for sale I concluded that it was either total BS, the improvements were so small it wasn't worth doing, or KGH was much more interested in clearing out their inventory of 25mm cartridges which were orginally build for track bikes.

Is that what you are running?
Nope, I didn't have to spend those $$$.
I chose to move the GP equipped forks from my '09 to my [new to me] '15. Although I can't keep up with Panman with his fancy cartridge equipped '07, I'll just have to suffer for the time being...:) :)

--G
BS, your smooth as a baby's but and you pick good lines! Only place your slow is on the freeway. :)