Gary McCoy - Umotors

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Like Toe said they lost a lot of 30% customers which equals nothing.

I have purchased from a company called Mrcycle out of North Carolina and the prices are equal to Umotors

We may want to give them a try and this time maybe like set up some type of discount using the forum as leverage ?

Is it worth wild to explore?? Could mean a lot of dollars

How about D&h maybe they would be interested

Maybe D&H can step up? Or do they already? Never heard much about them as far as parts go, just GREAT deals on bikes.

Tom

Maybe D&H can step up? Or do they already? Never heard much about them as far as parts go, just GREAT deals on bikes.
Tom
They're a pretty small operation. For the amount of stock required and having a dedicated shipping department, I'd think it would take a larger dealer.

Tom
They're a pretty small operation. For the amount of stock required and having a dedicated shipping department, I'd think it would take a larger dealer.
How big is U Motors? I think they just sold parts and then ordered from the distributor.

How big is U Motors? I think they just sold parts and then ordered from the distributor.
University Motors has 2 dealerships. I would think they are fairly large judging by the noise in the background when I call them, but that's only my opinion. Every part I ordered was sent from their location, not drop-shipped from the distributor, and was normally sent out the next day.

I am not a dealer and promised myself years ago that I would never again be involved in retail sales. I can't make that decision for D & H. If someone would like to take it upon themselves to call them and inquire or set something up.....

you might want to add zanottis

https://zanottimotor.com/

to the list. they are who the fj forum were using long before we heard about university motors.

dean

cincinnati

It looks like Bike Bandit and a couple of others that have been posted on the forum are about to get busier........ :rolleyes:
I'm just saying..... :eek:

There have got to be others, but I've never made a list. Maybe we should start one for the OTHER on-line Yamaha parts sources.

The Online Parts List:

BikeBandit.com

motosport.com

mrcycles.com per weekend rider

FJRGoodies/Desert Valley Power Sports

www.ronayers.com per squeezer

Took them out of my contact list for parts. No more UMotors for me. So I won't break them but enough people talking about what they've become will.

Last edited by a moderator:

to the list. they are who the fjr forum were using long before we heard about university motors.

dean

cincinnati
Done, and thank you, Dean and Squeezer! We might be starting a pinned thread with the above list in the FAQ section. If so, this list will be moved over there and we can add or edit as sites are found and used by forum members. That way there will be a "central" or "common" place to look for parts sources.

We might see if Tony O (lotecredneck) will give the FJRforum members a discount, seeing as he's a dealership owner and a forum member... we know he's got a great reputation for service and has sold a number of FJRs to forum members (myself included) at great prices. Plus he's supported the SFO gatherings in the past...

We might see if Tony O (lotecredneck) will give the FJRforum members a discount, seeing as he's a dealership owner and a forum member... we know he's got a great reputation for service and has sold a number of FJRs to forum members (myself included) at great prices. Plus he's supported the SFO gatherings in the past...
I assume that means you are offering your voluntary service in contacting Tony for the FJR community via the FJR Forum? :yes:

Sure... all it takes is an email. Something will come along to fill the GM/UM vacuum... might as well give Tony a shot.

to the list. they are who the fjr forum were using long before we heard about university motors.

dean

cincinnati
Done, and thank you, Dean and Squeezer! We might be starting a pinned thread with the above list in the FAQ section. If so, this list will be moved over there and we can add or edit as sites are found and used by forum members. That way there will be a "central" or "common" place to look for parts sources.
A most excellent idea!

hey guys I talked to Gary this morning,he's in good sprits,he said he saw it coming,and it sounds like(to me) it was the great deals he was giving all of us,the boss didn't like it,it just goes to show you how much this stuff is marked up.he's got a few things going already,he'll land on his feet,but I think the great deals are going to be short lived with U motors.I made good friends with Gary talked to him on the phone every couple months for the last 4-5 years,I for one will NOT use U motors anymore with or with out the great deals..they screwed him over good but, they waited until after he set up the new place and got rid of the dead wood.I hate to say it but it was our good deals that may have cost a man his job.but,there is power in numbers and we have that here,so think about every time you get ready from U motors.
Thanks for the details. I'm especially disappointed to hear they kept him around for all the heavy lifting of setting up the new operation before canning him.

I've never bought an oil filter for my Feej from anywhere other than U Motors because of the recommendations I found on the Forum way back when I joined. I've bought a lot of other consumables from them as well. No more. I'll find someone else.

I, too, would be interested to hear if Gary ends up in a similar line of work. I'd be more than happy to take my business wherever he lands.

Hello everyone,
I called Umotors this morning and asked to talk to Gary. I was informed that he was not longer there. So being somewhat of a friend I called his cellphone and he answered. He said that he was let go this morning! He would not say why, as he is a good man, and would never say a bad thing about anyone. But from what I have seen at the dealership the new owner has gone through and fired everyone that was there and helped him get there new store open. Why? Only one person knows for sure. This owner is also the owner of a new store in Fergus Falls, MN. Also called Umotors.

Gary did not mention anything about parts and/or if we still will get the great prices that we got when Gary was in-charge. I for one will not order a part or do any kind of business with Umotors again. There is always another dealer.

Gary did mention that he will land on his feet and be better off in the future. Let's all hope for our sake that it is at another Yamaha dealership.....

Sorry for passing on the bad news.

Dana

P.S. For those that never had the pleasure of talking to Gary, he is the one that made the first Speigler group buy that he and Warchild put together. At that time he started to sell all FJRForum members parts at 15% over cost. He always treated everyone with the most respect possible and took care of us on all are parts needs. I for one thanked him. I can only hope he stays in the area as he has become a good friend. I never told him this but I plan on talking to the new owner and letting him know what I think of this. By the way, his name is Del. Sorry I don't know his last name.

This is really, really hard to believe.

There are so many unsavory scoundrels in business. Someone posted " Deception and obfuscation are the saleman's two finest tools." or something to that effect. Gary McCoy was the antithesis of that statement.

It's hard to imagine that someone like Gary, who went the extra mile for me on the Spiegler group buy and my Givi Top case would be the type of person that need to be let go.

Gary McCoy is a great guy and will surely land on his feet.

Good Luck Gary!!

Plus the parts were usually shipped right away. They had them in stock. You did not have to wait weeks for small parts. They were great when Gary headed things up.

Tom
I've delt with D&H on parts when fixing my '05 FJR after a Deal's Gap collision. Reena was her usual first class self chasing down all the parts I needed. The distributor is in Atlanta. That's less than a two hour drive from D&H in Cullman, AL. Their prices were almost equal to University Motors deep discount prices and their service was simply outstanding, as usual.

Bob

Tom
I've delt with D&H on parts when fixing my '05 FJR after a Deal's Gap collision. Reena was her usual first class self chasing down all the parts I needed. The distributor is in Atlanta. That's less than a two hour drive from D&H in Cullman, AL. Their prices were almost equal to University Motors deep discount prices and their service was simply outstanding, as usual.

Bob
Bob, since you've dealt with them in the past, would you mind calling them and asking what they can do for us. We would sure like to support a dealer who has been well regarded on the forum.
If they are able to handle the volume that could be generated and are willing to deal with the miscreants, possible felons and other undesirable bottom-feeding, scum-sucking low-life biker dudes and dudettes from this forum, I would sure add them to the list I am composing.

I seriously didn't want to overwhelm them if they can't handle what "could" be a big jump in their parts business.

You can add Flatout Motorcycles to the list.

It looks like Bike Bandit and a couple of others that have been posted on the forum are about to get busier........ :rolleyes:
I'm just saying..... :eek:

There have got to be others, but I've never made a list. Maybe we should start one for the OTHER on-line Yamaha parts sources.

The Online Parts List:

BikeBandit.com

motosport.com

mrcycles.com per weekend rider

FJRGoodies/Desert Valley Power Sports

Zanottimotor.com per dean

www.ronayers.com per squeezer