G'day

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Adam Exmouth

Reaction score
Hi, and thanks!
Treated myself to a new old bike for my 50th birthday. 2003 ABS model with 60k km in mystic jade. Gave it a birthday, new shock, new fork springs, fluids and Rgaza cages...everything except a fuel pump, which of course has died and I'm awaiting a part to get back on the road.
Cheers, Adam

IMG_20230628_155207.jpg

Welcome from Washington state and congrats on the new (to you) FJR! Love the color, wasn't available for us in the states.

Enjoy!

~G

Hi, and thanks!
Treated myself to a new old bike for my 50th birthday. 2003 ABS model with 60k km in mystic jade. Gave it a birthday, new shock, new fork springs, fluids and Rgaza cages...everything except a fuel pump, which of course has died and I'm awaiting a part to get back on the road.
Cheers, Adam

View attachment 4849
Nice, I have the same colour/model mines is a 2004 model. Surprised that the fuel pump died. Hope that's not a common problem. My bike has 50K on the clock. The fuel pump has been out of the tank when I dropped mine on a veranda post. I now have a non-matching tank but I have the tank cover and bag so it's not visible. Enjoy, I love my bike. Two trips to Tasmania and most of Victoria.

I get such a kick out of guys’ excitement over buying a 20 year old bike! A real testament to the quality and shear pleasure of riding one of these things!
Congrats on your purchase!

I get such a kick out of guys’ excitement over buying a 20 year old bike! A real testament to the quality and shear pleasure of riding one of these things!
Congrats on your purchase!
Funny you say that. I was on a 400 kilometre round trip this week and was thinking, damn this is a great bike. Mine‘s fifteen years old this year.