• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to FJRForum and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member or just click here to donate.

Gen 2 FJR 1300 stuff for sale

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I was riding in nh yesterday did the kang,bear notch to 118 and 116 west if Lincoln. Not alot of color yet... The laminar lip might do the trick.will it fit a stock screen . 2006. How many inch do u think it will increase the height in the middle.
I bought the Laminar Lip for stock screen for my 2010 (Gen 2 FJR). If you bike is Gen 2, you should be ok. According this this: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Yamaha_FJR1300 you bike is Gen 2.

I do not have experience with the stock shield -- the shield I used the Lip on was stock but "chopped". In this case, I believe it is at least 2" more above the chopped shield given that I placed the Laminar Lip very high on the shield. I think you will have to experiment to get the optimal placement. I have extra fasteners so you can try a few times -- I'll confirm exactly how many I have.

Full disclosure: Obviously, I bought the Vstream and this worked great. The only use of this Laminar Lip was when I was running the chopped stock shield. It will serve the same purpose for normal stock shield. If I had to only have 1, I would choose Vstream shield. But there are days when it's just hot and I want wind and that chopped shield was the best (except for long highway rides). The stock shield plus the Lip could be a decent compromise if you like the stock shield.

Dennis

Sorry I need I think at least 4 inches if height increase. I am 6 3 and keep the stock seat at high position and add a bead rider . So I need a bit more height for highway blasts and colder days.