• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to FJRForum and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member or just click here to donate.

Gen 2 Seat Concepts cover+foam

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

boyitgobob

Reaction score
Last edited by a moderator:
Nice.

Just thought I'd mention, I picked up one a year or two ago from a forum member here under similar circumstances. I was hesitant as to whether I was wasting my money on am inferior seat due to the price difference vs other "custom" seats.

Admittedly, the seating position is adjusted slightly due to the more cupped/flat shape of the seat. But it is a significant improvement for me.

I mentioned in a thread a while ago that after about 5k miles I swapped the foam back for the original to test if the SC was really an improvement. After roughly a 2 mile ride I came home and promptly returned the SC to the bike. It is considerably better than stock, at least for me.

It does sit slightly lower. At 5'10" I have my seat in the high position permanently. I've found no need to try any others and have ridden some long days on this saddle without issue.

I recommend. Especially at $125!

My Seat Concepts served me well for 50,000 miles. Very much worth the money and the 30 minutes to install it.

Last edited by a moderator:
Thanks, I had a Seat Concepts I liked on a V Strom that I sold when I bought my 04. After the 04 was taken out, I tried this one on my 06, but unfortunately my pelvis was busted up pretty good with the 04’s demise, along with some lower back damage that prevented me from liking this seat. Open for offers.

What material is that on the top of the seat? On the photo of the bottom of the seat there's a small white spot is that a reflection or hole or??

The top cover is their grippy material. I chose that thinking it would better hold my sheepskin in place. Check their website for more info.

The white spot is a piece of lint or something. No hole. I did notice there is a 1/2” cut at the very edge(in the stapling area) directly opposite that white dot. You can see the fuzz next to it. It is outside the staple.

I better pass on this one. I ride in jeans so I don't want to sticky of a seat. Thanks.