Gen III Owners: Should Corbin Seat Fit?

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Pseudo-Fed

Reaction score
I feel an FJR in my future. Don't quite feel secure though and since I'll end up with a more comfortable seat anyway, wondering if the Corbin as currently offered should fit. I searched on seats, and seems Fairlaner indicated his RDL is for Gen II or III, so I'm guessing yes. Want to be sure this option is quickly available if I take the plunge. Thanks!

Last edited by a moderator:
I feel an FJR in my future. Don't quite feel secure though and since I'll end up with a more comfortable seat anyway, wondering if the Corbin as currently offered should fit. I searched on seats, and seems Fairlaner indicated his RDL is for Gen II or III, so I'm guessing yes. Want to be sure this option is quickly available if I take the plunge. Thanks!
If an RDL GenII seat fits the GenIII, I'd say a GenII Corbin will too. :)

Last edited by a moderator:
Maybe a 1.25%er, airboss. I had a RDL on my ST1300 and sure it was great. No complaints, but didnt really feel it was all tha either. Te wings did dig into my hamstrings when stopped though. I got a deal on a heated set of Corbins for the FJR and really, they're just fine. I don't see what all the hubbub is about with either of the seats. Guess its just me and you then.

I think this proof will be proven true by the transitive seat property. If A=B and B=C then A=C.

If a corbin fits on a Gen II and the seat mounts are the same on the Gen III then the Corbin should fit the gen III. I am betting this holds true for all seats and even some other accessories like smuggler trunks.