Go for 2012 blue, or wait for 2014 color?

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
If I didn't already have an FJR that I was happy with then I'd buy one with little regard for the color. However, since I already have one that works just fine, even though it is getting old, it would have to be bright red to tempt me to buy a new one.

I don't think I'd want a matching purse or shoes, but a matching helmet would be nice.
coolsmiley02.gif

Last edited by a moderator:
FYI the 2006 and 2012 are the exact same color so the good news is it doubles(maybe) the spare parts choices, i have 2006 top case. I did look at he 2013 when I bought my 2012, and the color helped my decision but in the end it was the price.

"Metallic Turd" Great color name! I saw some '13s at NERDS and that is an accurate description.
I prefer to call it "Pavement Camo Grey." Hard to imagine a colour that could blend in with the road any better even if someone tried!

Really? So you intentionally ordered an asphalt gray helmet and then matched the bike to it?

You are really taking the new stealth technology to the limits...

wink.png

It's why I don't have white walls in my house or drive a silver truck or have a "metallic turd" brown bike.

You're probably not going to like the 2014 color then......rumor has it it's gonna be that "Mettallic Turd" Brown color.
no.gif

Man I hope you're wrong, I was planning on getting a '14 but if that's the choice i'll have to reconsider that. Love my 07 Black Cherry, never fails to draw compliments, but the '13 Stone Gray and Euro Turd Brown just don't do for me. Yamaha are you listening? Please bring back blue, or even better, the Black Cherry!

FYI the 2006 and 2012 are the exact same color so the good news is it doubles(maybe) the spare parts choices, i have 2006 top case. I did look at he 2013 when I bought my 2012, and the color helped my decision but in the end it was the price.
Did the 2012 escape the various GEN 2 foibles...like altitude sickness, abrupt throttle, electrical spider issues?

If so, the 2011 or 2012 year may be my next FJR...if I can't find a low mileage GEN1 by then.

Did the 2012 escape the various GEN 2 foibles...like altitude sickness, abrupt throttle, electrical spider issues?

If so, the 2011 or 2012 year may be my next FJR...if I can't find a low mileage GEN1 by then.
I do seem to suffer from the Lean Stumble but Im living with it , but after 8 months I have not found any major issues, I travel up to Tahoe pretty frequently and haven't noticed anything, but I don't tend to be a "performance" rider so maybe I just don't push it that hard. Not really the most experienced rider or owner - maybe others can give you better feedback, but I do get lots of comments on how nice the blue is

The color of the '13 looks much better in the sun than setting inside, but still thinking the color for '14 should be silver
smile.png

I would like my shoes and purse to match the bike and I'd like 'em all to be pretty. But I agree, that I am more concerned with function than color.

Since my clothing/gear all went Hi-Viz yellow, does that mean I need to seek a Hi-Viz yellow FJR? Yikes!

Color me simple :)

I like the silver or grey, but not the brown or root beer color.

I'd like it even better to have a color choice, like the rest of the world.

Red would be the tits, or a nice blue, not quite the blurple of the '05, maybe like the Mustang Boss 302 blue.

Black would even be OK. Not white, not yellow, not green, not brown. Hmmm, doesn't leave much, does it? Maybe offer a primer grey, ready for the owner's color choice? Not likely, I'm sure.

If the bronze or brown or whatever they call it is the '14 color, I'll have to think long and hard. Unless the trick suspension was available. Then pink would be OK, until I could paint it.

Really? So you intentionally ordered an asphalt gray helmet and then matched the bike to it?

wink.png
No intentions at all - stealth or otherwise. I liked the color of the helmet when I ordered it and didn't mind the color of the 2013 when I decided I wanted the FJR (like I had a choice of color - right).

Really - I'm just not convinced that any color hi Visibility Yellow, Pink Purple or otherwise, makes a difference. Besides it just antagonizes my HD friends
smile.png

I do understand the importance of being seen. I have two sets of Clearwaters and Admore tail-lights to help in that regard.

Can now stop this topic I started only a few weeks ago. Previously I thought about buying a blue 2012 since I did not like the 2013 color, but seeing that 2014 color means I'm buying one.

wink.png
I'm just not convinced that any color hi Visibility Yellow, Pink Purple or otherwise, makes a difference. Besides it just antagonizes my HD friends
smile.png
All the more reason then to go Hi-Viz in my book.
punk.gif