Good price for a 2009 A model?

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

aroostook

Reaction score
There is a dealer in Southern Maine who will sell this bike for 13500 otd?? Is this a good price? My sense is that it is. It's new and soooooooo beautiful!

Last edited by a moderator:
There is a dealer in Southern Maine who will sell this bike for 13500 otd?? Is this a good price? My sense is that it is. It's new and soooooooo beautiful!

That's about what I paid for mine back in October; I had called around - all over Florida - and got the best price I could find from a volume dealer in Orlando, then took that to my small local Yam-Suz dealer and he matched it. I paid $13600 OTD.

I paid 12,500 for my 09 a month ago. And there's another identical one still on the showroom floor. I was under the impression that price was "recommended" to my dealer by the factory. I think he consigns his inventory much like a car dealer. My dealer (Yamaha of Millington) also doesn't charge any setup, destination or other silly fees. As active duty military, I also didn't pay any sales tax in TN (thanks, TN). I'm from Maine originally. I know all about the sales tax and the STEEP annual registration fees there. I don't miss them.

I think so...

lotsa info in the "Bin O Facts" thread shown below including the YES warranty and the "before you take delivery check off list), ah the "New Buyer Checklist"

Y.E.S. Factory Warranty (Yamaha Extended Service Plan)

$389 from D&H Cycle, 18115 US Hwy 31, Cullman, AL 35058, 256-739-1840, 888-553-3311

YES coverage can be bought from one dealer and apply to any other dealer fairly easily.

The one exception are Florida residents. That state is totally screwed up and passed a law that residents can only get insurance from in-state agents.

also check out the appropriate recalls that I would have taken care of before delivery

https://www.fjrforum.com/forum/index.php?showtopic=8660

Last edited by a moderator:
I got mine for about that much, here in VA. I bought my 09A 3 weeks ago with less than 1 mile. 13.8K OTD

Apparantly, i should have driven to TN to get 1K off....oh well :p

I paid $12,200. for mine ( plus taxes, etc) in northern Idaho last July. At the time other dealers told me they couldn't sell me that bike for that. The price depends a great deal on the local area market. In 2008 I bought a GSX650F from a local dealer and at the time they couldn't assemble bikes fast enough to keep up with the sales floor. When I offered less then retail they laughed at me. The dealer could sell you that bike for less and still make money, it all depends on if they can sell it to someone else and move bikes for that same price.

I got my 09 for 14,065 OTD in April of 09.... would have got cheaper, but Arnold jacked up the sales tax week before picking up.... but still well worth it, having lots of time in the saddle, more trips planed this year ( I am hoping )

Last I heard D&H Cycle, 18115 US Hwy 31, Cullman, AL was selling an 09A for $11,999 OTD.

After figuring the cost of getting the bike back to NC and paying the state taxes myself I decided

to use that as a target price. I think I got pretty lucky and found a new 09A within an hours ride

for $12.3K OTD in NC including tax, license the works. I had the dealer pull it off the floor a few days

before I picked it up by giving him a deposit over the phone. While I'm there doing the the paper

work a guy comes in asking loudly where is my FJR. Guess he had his eye on it. The dealer I had

bought my last 2 bikes from did not have an A model. Also said he could not match the price I got.

I had found another 09A in SC for about $600 over that.