Got my Recall Notice today!

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Just got my notice on my '05. I'm in So Cal too. Wonder if the mailing timing is strictly regional?
Haven't seen mine yet...
Hey, Nut...

I didn't even think I was on the recall list, but lo and behold (yes, that IS the correct phrase),

I received my recall in the mail today. Pretty weird, since the VIN on the registration is NOT

what was listed on the recall list (that I could see, anyway). hmmm....better check sales receipt

and VIN on the bike to be sure). Come to think of it, where IS the VIN listed on the bike?

I haven't had a problem yet on my low-mileage bike, but I don't think it'll hurt to get it

taken care of just the same.

Ride safe,

Jim

I got mine as well. My TPS gave me some trouble last year making my bike no starty. I held the trottle wide open while cranking it and it finally started up. It's been fine since. I'll take it in once my POS car is finially out of the shop. :)

:unsure: Got my recall notice today for my '05 FJR, am trying to track down and notify the gentleman that I sold the bike to.

Even tho it never gave me a problem, I owe it to the man that I sold the '05 to, to get the information to him, so he can get it repaired.

It makes no mention of my '06 FJR.

Just got my notice on my '05. I'm in So Cal too. Wonder if the mailing timing is strictly regional?
Haven't seen mine yet...
Hey, Nut...

I didn't even think I was on the recall list, but lo and behold (yes, that IS the correct phrase),

I received my recall in the mail today. Pretty weird, since the VIN on the registration is NOT

what was listed on the recall list (that I could see, anyway). hmmm....better check sales receipt

and VIN on the bike to be sure). Come to think of it, where IS the VIN listed on the bike?

I haven't had a problem yet on my low-mileage bike, but I don't think it'll hurt to get it

Ride safe,

Jim

I got my notice in the mail today. Had called my dealer this a.m (before the notice came) Salesmen didn't know about the recall, service department did. Already had ordered part. They called me back, the part came in today too! When can I bring the bike in. While they are replacing the tps I am going to have them snyc the throttle bodies. Said they could cut me some slack on the cost since they would already be in the area! Great dealership! Anyway, thanks for all the info from you all. Have a great weekend. John

The recall on my 03 came yesterday. Nice that they do it near the end of the riding season. I also am debating whether to do anything about it, at least at the present. With 54,000 trouble free miles, I am inclined to wait till sometime next summer. At the present I am doing a valve adjustment and other winter maitenance. Hummmm wonder if a dealer would just give me the part to install myself?

The recall on my 03 came yesterday. Nice that they do it near the end of the riding season. I also am debating whether to do anything about it, at least at the present. With 54,000 trouble free miles, I am inclined to wait till sometime next summer. At the present I am doing a valve adjustment and other winter maitenance. Hummmm wonder if a dealer would just give me the part to install myself?
Got my notice yesterday... I'm in Ohio... no problems yet, except that it didnt' want to start after sitting for a month and a half... did a bit of reading and wiggled the kickstand up and down a few times... started right up... guess I should wash all that lovely Cali dirt off from that last 6000 miles trip...<G>..

Havent' noticed any surging or anything, but hell, I ride a Harley, too... <LOL

Mary

Got my TPS recall notice today. Guess I'll go to the dealer again...he looked like a "deer caught in the headlights" a couple of days ago when I asked him abt the TPS recall.

Haven't seen mine yet...
Hey, Nut...

Ride safe,

Jim

I got my notice in the mail today. Had called my dealer this a.m (before the notice came) Salesmen didn't know about the recall, service department did. Already had ordered part. They called me back, the part came in today too! When can I bring the bike in. While they are replacing the tps I am going to have them snyc the throttle bodies. Said they could cut me some slack on the cost since they would already be in the area! Great dealership! Anyway, thanks for all the info from you all. Have a great weekend. John
Dude you are getting reamed by the stealer. I called to get a new tire yesterday, and after the shop closed I got my recall. I took the Bike in to Folsom Cycle today and they said give us till Tuesday to get the TPS part & install it. I asked if a TBS comes with the TPS installation and they said of course, no cost.

BB III

Got mine today too here in Massachusetts. Stopped at the dealer on the way to work- He's going to order the TPS- get it in about a week he said. As I was pulling into service area a guy was just leaving on his R1 which just had the TPS change. We're not alone. One good thing is that I'm due for a TBS and plug change- now I can do it all at once.

Got my letter today too. Gonna call the dealer & schedule this along with the valve service (24K) & lots of other stuff. Oh yeah, new Avons too... Gotta keep my dealer afloat !

Got my TPS recall letter today as well.....actually 2 letters....the other letter for the same problem with the '03 Warrior.

I got my TPS INSTALLED Today, and my Notice showed up too!

I called www.FJRGoodies.com and talked to 'Seth'.

Made an appointment, and he ordered the part.

When I got home from the appoinment, today, the reacall notice was in the mail box.

Thanks SunnySide Yamaha, and FJRGoodies.com!