• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to FJRForum and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member or just click here to donate.

Gps At Cost To Forum Members From Auto Nav 2000

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

04FJR4ME

Reaction score
Hello

I have offered my company savings to FJR1300 Owner's Association forum by offering our dealer / distributor cost for GPS’s to forum members that own a FJR.

I have decided to extend this courtesy to the FJRForum members since most members appear to visit and belong to both forums.

My GPS company Auto Nav 2000 Plus, Inc represents 15 different GPS manufactures and we perform alpha and beta testing for some of these companies, we do have some valuable knowledge about these products and when new products will be available.

This is a none profit deal that I am offering and many members have already taken advantage of this benefit.

Feel free to contact me or visit my site to see what you may need and I will do my best to help you out if I can.

visit my website at www.autonav2000.com and feel free to email us if you have any questions. You can call us direct at 408-298-8188

If the members that received GPS systems from us would post their experience, it would also help.

I am not trying to SELL units, so please don't make any assumptions, if you feel you can get it cheaper, please do so.

I also encourage forum members to purchase their GPS’s from their local venders when possible, I am just offering a GPS benefit for those who does not live near a retail GPS store and wish to deal with a fellow FJR owner on the board and save a few dollars.

There are times when other companies get these units sideways/liquidations and sell below cost, so take advantage of it when you can.

James

04FJR4ME

Last edited by a moderator:
HelloI have offered my company savings to FJR1300 Owner's Association forum by offering our dealer / distributor cost for GPS’s to forum members that own a FJR.

I have decided to extend this courtesy to the FJRForum members since most members appear to visit and belong to both forums.

My GPS company Auto Nav 2000 Plus, Inc represents 15 different GPS manufactures and we perform alpha and beta testing for some of these companies, we do have some valuable knowledge about these products and when new products will be available.

This is a none profit deal that I am offering and many members have already taken advantage of this benefit.

Feel free to contact me or visit my site to see what you may need and I will do my best to help you out if I can.

visit my website at www.autonav2000.com and feel free to email us if you have any questions. You can call us direct at 408-298-8188

If the members that received GPS systems from us would post their experience, it would also help.

I am not trying to SELL units, so please don't make any assumptions, if you feel you can get it cheaper, please do so.

I also encourage forum members to purchase their GPS’s from their local venders when possible, I am just offering a GPS benefit for those who does not live near a retail GPS store and wish to deal with a fellow FJR owner on the board and save a few dollars.

There are times when other companies get these units sideways/liquidations and sell below cost, so take advantage of it when you can.

James

04FJR4ME
I purchased a 2620 from James & Rick (not to be confused with Rick James) and had a most excellent experience. Thanks again!

Hurray!!!!

James finally gets a pinned post in a vendors section.

Progress!

Good luck to ya, James.

Greg

Greg

Thanks for the support, it was getting a bit tiresome to keep re-posting, but you know I am stubborn.

You seem much happier

Good luck on this forum ;)

Rogue

Rick handles all my replies for the FJR forums, he will be emailing you with a reply shortly.

Very busy this week, lots of units being sold before the 4th of July Holiday.

Sorry

James

04FJR4ME

Rick handles all my replies for the FJR forums, he will be emailing you with a reply shortly.Very busy this week, lots of units being sold before the 4th of July Holiday.

Sorry
No problem, I would like an answer as fast as is convienent but if it was a super rush I would have called. I just am not used to E-Mailing through the forum and wanted to make sure you got it.

James, I have been thinking about getting a tablet PC that will fit the map window of my tank bag and installing Microsoft Streets and Trips with the gps locator on it so I can have a nice big display, a hard drive for MP3s, a cd and dvd rom drive for watching movies (when I'm not riding of course), the computer available for things like hooking up to a power commander and downloading pictures/video when the camera fills up.......and all of those other things you need a computer for.

Anyway, I was wondering if you have heard anything about the streets and trip with GPS product that would make me want to stay away from it.

I would like an integrated solution to all of my data needs and it seems like trying to get them all in a stand alone GPS will be too costly for a while. Adding GPS functionallity to an existing data solution sounds like a good idea to me as all of my other data needs could be solved by a tablet PC.

Anyway, looking for your opinion.

Ramblin Man

I wish I can tell you more about the streets and trip with GPS product, but I have not have the oppertunity to test the software so I can't really give any opinion.

I just know that San Jose P.D just added their GPS to their CAD system and the program got them so upside down, they are now using stand alone GPS or paper maps.

I guess having a mapping software on a PC is O.K, but I don't think it can take the place of a true stand along GPS system.

I would log on to some GPS forums and see if you can ask those guys what their opinions are.

I do feel the tablet PC may not be bright enough and the hard drive may not live that long due to the vibrations from the bike, I also think the computer may not be as hardy or water resistant (automotive or marine grade) as a stand along GPS system.

I wish I can tell you more about it, but most customers I know went away from the PC to a stand alone GPS system, you are thinking of going the other way.

I will see if I can ask around, and if I find out anything more, I will post it here on this forum.

Thanks for asking and sorry I can't help much.

You already made a very good point. Display brightness. I have tried to work wirelessly from my patio during the day and I can barely see the screen. I did not think of that problem. I always envision myself on a stretch of I70 in Missouri at 2 AM and worriying that the screen would be too bright, not in the middle of the day when you wouldn't even be able to see it.

Thanks for the reply. It helped.

Ramblin Man,

I am always happy to help a FJR forum member.

I like your Avatar, I remembered the movie well, a clockwork orange, it seems like it was just yesterday....

cloc4.jpg

Hey, 04FJR4ME? Have you considered adding communication products to your portfolio?

I've been looking for a CB/FRS/GMRS for the scoot to go along with my new Softline mixer (they're looking for dealers) and I just have an uneasy feeling about ordering from unkowns. I did settle on a Midland 75-822 from a vendor in Texas, but I was thinking how easy this might be for you to add... Just a thought from one of your happy customers...

It sure be nice to be able to order all audio/GPS stuff from one source... :D

twowheelnut

Thanks for the vote of confidence, I was asked by many of my customers to carry radar detector and other accessories at my store, but the company name does not go with the products. ;)

We do very well dealing with fleet accounts on GPS products and the name Auto Nav 2000 Plus..... suit the products we represent.

Reverse camera is as far as we go and I don't think you will need one for your FJR.

But we do have something that may work for you

The Garmin Rino

pt-Rino130Small.jpg

The Rino 130 is the most feature-rich unit in the Rino family, with a built-in electronic compass, barometric sensor, weather receiver for seven NOAA weather channels, and 24 MBs of internal memory. This handheld radio has a built-in electronic compass to give a heading while the user is standing still, and a barometric altimeter to provide extremely accurate elevation and pressure information, which will assist users in identifying weather data.

The Rino 130 provides two-way radio communication with a transmission range of up to two miles using FRS channels and up to five miles with GMRS. The integration of two-way radio and GPS enables users to transmit their position with a simple button press, allowing others to navigate to their position. The Rino 130 also has a polling feature, which allows a user to manually request GPS location information from other Rino units.

The Rino 130 offers a detailed basemap of North and South America, displaying cities, highways, railways, rivers and lakes, and borders. And because of the unit’s robust internal memory, it can store map data from a variety of Garmin MapSource® CD products

Hope this info helps ;)

Taking into account features, display, price, in your opinion, which is the best GPS suited for motorcycle use?
There are many GPS systems that is suited for motorcycles, and most FJR forum members have selected the Garmin 276c and or Garmin 2610 as their choice.

I personally used a Magellan 750Nav Plus, but that's just me.

Tom Tom will soon have a unit out that is designed just for motorcycles, but again, it may be hard to use a touch screen only system with your gloves on.

As far as price goes, please contact my store at 408-298-8188 and ask for Rick, tell him you are a member of the FJR forum and you would like to get a price on the Rino.

Thank you